Headphones with inline remote

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have a recommendation for headphones that don't stick into the ear canal and try to seal outside noise? I am looking for headphones that are similar in style to Apple's that allow outside noise to pass through.

Budget? Are you after headphones or earphones? Although the design is love or hate, I would probably suggest these: Amazon.com: Koss PortaPro Headphones with Case: Electronics they have amazing sound for the price, but don't have the inline controller

avi_amartya

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Oh, hey, I was wrong.
They offer play/pause, and a double click will go to the next song. If no song is playing, a double click will go to the voice commands. However, it seems a bit less reliable, which is probably why I didn't think it would work - I just tried on mine 3 times and it didn't recognize the double click until the third attempt.

Nope a long press on the answer button will activate voice command. If your phone is locked then you have to first unlock it to activate voice command. Otherwise you can also enable the option to activate voice command even when the phone is locked in the settings. I have been using this headset for a long time and it's just flawless.

danwanna

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I am sad to say the inline remote on my Bose QC 20i (I know the I stands for iPhone) doesn't work with my Icon. This is one of those things that should have been standardized years ago.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I was given a set of Nokia WH-920 Purity earbuds. They sound better than any I have ever owned and all the button controls work.
Info on inline controls: Jays AB headset for Windows Phone and a note on headset standards

The problem with WH-920 is that they brake pretty quickly. Usually the sound in one of the ears cuts out. Check out reviews on Amazon or any other site that carriers them. They keep breaking and breaking, which sucks, if they were more reliable they would be awesome.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Oh, hey, I was wrong.
They offer play/pause, and a double click will go to the next song. If no song is playing, a double click will go to the voice commands. However, it seems a bit less reliable, which is probably why I didn't think it would work - I just tried on mine 3 times and it didn't recognize the double click until the third attempt.
double click=next track
triple click=previous track
holding down the middle button activates voice commands assuming you have it available on lockscreen enabled

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
double click=next track
triple click=previous track
holding down the middle button activates voice commands assuming you have it available on lockscreen enabled

Not working for me now.
Like before, only the volume is. Not sure, must be an issue with the headphones. Explains why I never got it working in the past, though. Weird that it worked briefly the other day.

w4rmk

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I have been using Marshall Minor for a while now. I don't like In-ear headphones either. I think they sound great and they are the most comfortable headphones I have ever used.
Products » Marshall Headphones

It looks like they make 2 versions of the Minor, the standard and the "FX" which include volume up/down buttons. I assume the volume buttons probably don't work with the Icon? Which do version to have have? Does the end call button work?

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I am sad to say the inline remote on my Bose QC 20i (I know the I stands for iPhone) doesn't work with my Icon. This is one of those things that should have been standardized years ago.

Like all things, there are competing standards. Most modern Android and Windows Phones use a headphone jack that will accept the two major standards, AHJ (American Headset Jack) and OMTP (Open Mobile Terminal Platform). But Apple chooses to ignore both of these standards and uses their own proprietary headphone configuration. Because they are Apple.

dang121

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
you should exchange for a new phone. My first 1020 have a defect headphone plug. It didn't work with the inline remote. I exchange it for a new 1020 and everything work as expected.

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site
well the new phone has arrived. The Purity's sound great in IMO especially for in ears.So remote functions are working properly and without any issue currently. I can only hope it remains so.
In the end it was a bad headphone jack on my old phone. :cry: not exactly happy to have replaced the phone.

drooks

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
the new jbl synchros s400bt work great, the Bluetooth sound is way better than beats,sol republic. you can use wired or Bluetooth and all the options of calls,next song etc work perfect.

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site
the new jbl synchros s400bt work great, the Bluetooth sound is way better than beats,sol republic. you can use wired or Bluetooth and all the options of calls,next song etc work perfect.

those look awesome. I personally dont do over the ear types but these are a pretty good option if those functions are available without it being connected via bluetooth.

drooks

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
they look even better in person and built very sturdy compared to the other brands. I tried the ear bud style but just lacked sound quality to much for my liking so I went over the ear style but the cans will allow outside noise if not turned up to far. also if you like loud they will get very very loud with no distortion with any type of music. the new jbl is by far superior in quality and sound compared to the others I tried out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon