ICON on Metro PCS

ajansari

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone tried to use the Lumia ICON on Metro PCS? Since they sell a Nano SIM card, and Verizon's iPhone 5 will work on their network, I'm curious if my ICON will work on it too.

And more specifically, if it would work on their LTE network.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

-AJ

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure it will if your iPhone 5 works. What are the bands of the Icon, and what are the bands of metroPCS? What kind of service do you get on your iPhone 5?

ajansari

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Actually I haven't tried using my iPhone 5 on Metro PCS. I was on their website looking for information on bringing my phone over to their service, and it said there that iPhones from AT&T and T-Mobile, and iPhone 5 from Verizon and Sprint work on their network. There was no clarification on whether LTE would work or not.

The ICON is quite new, so I'd even be happy to hear if anyone using the Nokia 928 has tried switching to Metro PCS and what their results were.

ajansari

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I'll check their website out when I'm on my laptop.

I'm curious if they piggy back their LTE off TMobile or have their own LTE bands.

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I had the 822 on MetroPCS for a month. It worked fine with the exception of texting (texts could only be sent on 2G). As the Icon is unlocked it should be allowed on Metro. Unfortunately, the website does not show support for the Icon, so most stores would/can't activate it. I'd call customer service to see if they can activate it. You may also want to look at Aio Wireless, which has comparable prices to MetroPCS and better service.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss