ois rattle sound?

Starrbuck

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
How many times are you going to post this question here? I've seen it 3 times already this morning...

My Icon doesn't make any strange noises.

Tom Gjonaj

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
when the camera is not on, and you tap on the sides in a very quiet room you will hear a little rattle, every phone including the "almighty" iphone does this, it is normal. I have tested a couple icons and they also do this, there is no issue with your phone. Now if the rattle is very loud then something may be wrong. Go to a verizon and start tapping away and see if its comparable

anon8657740

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
How many times are you going to post this question here? I've seen it 3 times already this morning...

My Icon doesn't make any strange noises.

take it easy man, I just wanted someone's opinion, it doesn't cause you any harm to just scroll past my question, and I only posted one thread about it... Everyone else, thank you for ur inputs, I didn't see anyone talking about it so I was curious if it was just mine, thanks again

Starrbuck

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
take it easy man, I just wanted someone's opinion, it doesn't cause you any harm to just scroll past my question, and I only posted one thread about it... Everyone else, thank you for ur inputs, I didn't see anyone talking about it so I was curious if it was just mine, thanks again

Only one thread and at least 3x (that I saw) in other threads... Also off topic in those other threads! Not cool, man.

anon8657740

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Only one thread and at least 3x (that I saw) in other threads... Also off topic in those other threads! Not cool, man.

my comments were in "defects" threads... Please be more respectful, I do not wish to fight or argue, just looking for help as I'm new to windows phone

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I never noticed it until I read this thread and tapped my phone. Seems pretty meh to me. How do you know its the ois? My camera works fine, seems a non issue for me. With these devices its always going to be something. The only perfect phones were way back in the day when they only made calls. Never had any issues with those and they were built like Sherman tanks. I guess the more stuff they put in these things the more opportunity for issues. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Starrbuck

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
my comments were in "defects" threads... Please be more respectful, I do not wish to fight or argue, just looking for help as I'm new to windows phone

I am being respectful by, since you're new, letting you know nicely that posting the same thing to multiple threads is frowned-upon. Please stop.

I don't wish to argue or fight either. I also don't wish to see the same message posted repeatedly all over the forums.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There was an ad from Nokia regarding this

That rattle sound?
That's the sound of CLEAR pictures

(i'm paraphrasing of course, if someone could show us that'd be great)

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I have it on my 1020 AT&T says it is normal I don't buy it
What are you not buying? Do you not know what OIS means? OIS systems work either by employing a floating lens element or sensor to allow the camera to compensate for vibration. Even in the most expensive DSLR on the market OIS/IS/VR lenses make some noise when locking focus. Under certain circumstances you can also hear noises at other times. There is absolutely nothing unusual in the noises. People really should do at least some basic homework on the things they buy. Why drop a lot of money on a phone or camera if you are not going to bother understanding how it works and then assume some conspiracy when the manufacturer tells you something is normal? OIS is not magic. It is based upon digital imaging technology and physical manipulation of a lens element or sensor (usually lens). Physical manipulations make noise when in use and as fixing the element would defeat the purpose of OIS you can occasionally hear thins at other times too. This is perfectly normal in all OIS devices - end of story.

anon8657740

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for all the comments and inputs guys! Yes I do now think that this is normal but to be completely honest with you guys, I kinda wish it didn't have to make those rattling noises but hey that's life, I agree with u guys that we should just let it be and not lose sleep over it. Anyway thanks for your opinions! It does not seem so bad anymore since its normal for ois and we all have it the same =)

wayn1ak

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So I bought my first Lumia 928 last July and the OIS made a very slight (very faint clink) noise if you tapped the phone. However, I got a replacement Lumia 928 in November (for speaker issues) and the OIS rattles even louder. I don't even need to tap the phone. Simply tilting the phone around and texting causes the OIS to rattle. It also makes my phone vibrate super loud and clunky. It bothered me at first because my first Lumia didn't have this issue but I eventually let it go. I'll just wait and see what new phones will be out for WP 8.1 before I upgrade to a new device.The camera works great but I believe the rattle noise varies phone to phone depending on the rigidity of the springs in the OIS. I do understand your concerns though.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Okay calm down people and keep it civil.

As far as the rattle goes as far as I know you should hear an audible sound when the OIS is working, as ball bearings are used. Maybe go to Nokia support to double check your device isn't faulty.

Starrbuck

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, that was so sweet. I'm truly touched.

FYI:

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Specifically:

Cross Posting - Do not post duplicate questions or topics in multiple forums or threads.

I'm new here too, but not to forums. It's a common rule, not to mention a common courtesy, to not cross-post the same thing in multiple threads. Plus it should be common sense. All these are not too common lately...

So that we can get back to the true topic of this thread, this will be my last post on this issue. In the future, I will report violations to the moderators instead of taking the more direct approach. :angel:

Last edited:

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Please keep things on track from now on or the thread will be closed. Cross posting is against the rules as stated by the link above. In the future just report the duplicate posts and they will be taken care of.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05