I jut picked up an Icon as a second phone. My other is the Droid Max. I like the icon and am keeping as a second number, but not ready to make it a primary. Is there a messaging app where I can get my text messages that go to my primary phone (droid max) over on the icon?

I recall reading something about a unified messaging app with Verizon, but think that is only for a pc to get the text messages. I have not found anything for the icon.

thanks,

Mike
    03-09-2014 12:03 PM
    Is this some sort of joke?
    03-09-2014 12:12 PM
    Is this some sort of joke?
    Meow. Kitty has claws this morning.

OP, there are apps on Android to forward your text messages to a secondary phone. Search the Google Play Store, and you can set your Droid up to push SMS to your Icon. Just be aware, when you reply, it will be from the Icon number.

Here are some ideas:
    https://play.google.com/store/search?q=forward%20sms

Lord, one day the WP app store looks like that...
    03-09-2014 12:21 PM
    This guy can't be serious here ...
    03-09-2014 12:21 PM
    This guy can't be serious here ...
    Why not? What's the gag I don't get?
    03-09-2014 12:22 PM
    I see the relevance of the question but doubt there will ever be something that plays that nicely with our messages. Might want to start looking into a cross platform messaging app like Skype, groupme, kik, etc.
    03-09-2014 12:27 PM
    No Joke. On the droid max motorola has an app with the max that I can get and reply to text messages on my desktop, laptop, and surface pro. I also have another app to use on my android tablet. So I figured I would check if I can do across phones. I do not like using text (I prefer email), but other people do text me from time to time so if I am carrying my Icon and not the Max (I usually carry both except on weekends), and someone sends me a text, I just want to know if I got one that I may need to address.

thanks,
    03-09-2014 05:16 PM
    Verizon has an app for iPhone, Android and desktop that allows you to send and receive text messages, and if you have multiple numbers on the same account I do believe you can switch between them... for all the people calling him a troll. I don't believe it exists for WP.
    Verizon Messages - Verizon Wireless

To the OP, your best option would be to find a text forwarding app for Android devices and click it on when you're not carrying the Droid Maxx around.
    03-10-2014 02:32 PM