Icon at Wirefly $150 but stock depleted 3/9/2014 no update as of 3/11

NDCowpoke

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I purchased a white Nokia Lumia Icon at Wirefly.com on March 9th, 2014 for $150 plus the #30 Verizon upgrade fee. When I placed the order the salesperson could not tell me the inventory level. I made the purchase because the the phone was $50 cheaper than the Verizon price plus no sales tax. They indicated that my charge card would not be billed until the phone shipped. I just checked my bank and no charges yet.

A short while after make the purchase I received the following email form Wirefly:

Dear Thom Hendricks,
Thank you for shopping with Wirefly.com.
Response to our offer on the Nokia Lumia Icon White this week was so great that we have depleted our inventory. Please don?t worry though, we have a shipment already en route to us. We just wanted to send you a courtesy email to let you know why your phone hasn?t shipped yet.
We know that you are anxious to get your new phone, but unfortunately we can?t tell you exactly when your Nokia Lumia Icon White will ship. We receive deliveries several times each day and are turning the phones around and shipping them to customers immediately. We are in regular contact with Verizon Wireless and are confident we?ll be shipping your phone soon.
We can tell you that:

• Your price is protected ? what you ordered is what you will pay regardless of whether the price increases
  • Your phone is reserved ? you will receive a phone from the first shipment we receive
  • Your promotions will be honored ? any promotions included as part of your order will be fulfilled when your order ships
  • We will ship it immediately ? as soon as we receive the shipment, we will prioritize your shipment and process it immediately. Once it has been packed, we will send you an email and update our Customer Support Customer Support site with the FedEx tracking number as soon as it is ready to ship
We are normally pretty good at predicting our inventory but the demand for the Nokia Lumia Icon White even surprised us.
Thanks again for shopping with us. Your phone will be on its way to you soon.
Sincerely,
Your Friends at Wirefly.com

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I purchased a white Nokia Lumia Icon at Wirefly.com on March 9th, 2014 for $150 plus the #30 Verizon upgrade fee. When I placed the order the salesperson could not tell me the inventory level. I made the purchase because the the phone was $50 cheaper than the Verizon price plus no sales tax. They indicated that my charge card would not be billed until the phone shipped. I just checked my bank and no charges yet.

A short while after make the purchase I received the following email form Wirefly:

Dear Thom Hendricks,
Thank you for shopping with Wirefly.com.
Response to our offer on the Nokia Lumia Icon White this week was so great that we have depleted our inventory. Please don’t worry though, we have a shipment already en route to us. We just wanted to send you a courtesy email to let you know why your phone hasn’t shipped yet.
We know that you are anxious to get your new phone, but unfortunately we can’t tell you exactly when your Nokia Lumia Icon White will ship. We receive deliveries several times each day and are turning the phones around and shipping them to customers immediately. We are in regular contact with Verizon Wireless and are confident we’ll be shipping your phone soon.
We can tell you that:

• Your price is protected – what you ordered is what you will pay regardless of whether the price increases
  • Your phone is reserved – you will receive a phone from the first shipment we receive
  • Your promotions will be honored – any promotions included as part of your order will be fulfilled when your order ships
  • We will ship it immediately – as soon as we receive the shipment, we will prioritize your shipment and process it immediately. Once it has been packed, we will send you an email and update our Customer Support Customer Support site with the FedEx tracking number as soon as it is ready to ship
We are normally pretty good at predicting our inventory but the demand for the Nokia Lumia Icon White even surprised us.
Thanks again for shopping with us. Your phone will be on its way to you soon.
Sincerely,
Your Friends at Wirefly.com

Behind the scenes at Wirefly: "Hey Joe, we screwed the pooch on this one. Seven people actually placed orders for this Windows Mobile phone, I knew we should have ordered more than three."

drn007

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
This reminds me of the white Icon I ordered for my wife at the Microsoft online store. Some other outfit (NOT Microsoft) fullfills the order and were out of stock. I called a week later and they said they would process the order right away and get the phone shipped. Yea, they processed the order when I called them a week later. What if I hadn't called??? Anyway, I ordered mine from Amazon, $149.99 and in stock. Plus you get the $100 Verizon bill credit.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077