929 wont pair with Bose 2 headset

troutchaser

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Picked up a new 929. It will NOT pair with my Bose 2 headset, which I have used for a year now on both an Android DNA and an HTC whatever before that. BTW, I simply got tired of fighting with my DNA.

I LOVE this 929!!

However, it will not discover my Bose 2 earbud while its in pairing mode. The 929 displays my wifes apple devices in the house, both her phone and laptop, but it will not discover the Bose sitting right next to it in pairing mode. Anyone aware of any issues? I'll call Bose later today and inquire if there are any known issues.

Anyone getting this combo to work? I have searched everywhere for threads and posts on the issue, nothing found yet.

Thanks!!

Starrbuck

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
The firmware of the Bose device. I did a quick search of people having issues with pairing and a common fix was to update the firmware on the Bose.

Good luck. :)

troutchaser

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
OK.... just called Bose. Turns out the headset needs to be reset from paring with my old Android DNA.

When you power on the Boze the blue paring light blinks rapidly. He had me press the call and volume - button together for 10 seconds. The blue paring light went from blinking rapidly to blinking slowly and the Bose immediately paired with the Icon. Hope this helps someone else.

I usually don't rave and rant about phones, but this Icon is a REALLY nice phone!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb