02-16-2015 11:07 PM
169 ... 4567
tools
    Well, that's good. I prefer things to work properly. Maybe I'm Sheldon Cooperish about it.
    Oh, it bothers me. Just not enough to tip the scale enough to give up quiet hours and notification center.
    07-18-2014 08:47 AM
    Honestly, I think it mainly has to do with 5GHz. I have my home network SSID's segregated 2.4 and 5.0 GHz and my Icon (with May Verizon firmware update and 8.1DP) is MUCH better on 2.4 than 5. If I manually connect to the 5 network it drops connectivity easily, but it sticks on the 2.4 GHz network like glue.

Before I upgraded to the 8.1 DP, I could stay on that same 5GHz network much further away and speeds were much better.

I'm guessing the drivers on DP are not optimized for this hardware and Cyan will take care of it.
    07-18-2014 01:22 PM
    Might be more than one cause of the problems, of course.
    07-18-2014 04:24 PM
    My experience with wifi, I can say on 5Ghz network using AC standard works with no issues. But if you router hasn't ac and u have setup on N, so network speed is down twice or three times less. So I haven't saved screenshots but with AC download speed is ~66Mb/s (same on computer download speed) but N = 32Mb/s.
    Router what I have Asus RT-AC68U (Tomato firmware).
    07-19-2014 11:19 AM
    My experience with wifi, I can say on 5Ghz network using AC standard works with no issues. But if you router hasn't ac and u have setup on N, so network speed is down twice or three times less. So I haven't saved screenshots but with AC download speed is ~66Mb/s (same on computer download speed) but N = 32Mb/s.
    Router what I have Asus RT-AC68U (Tomato firmware).
    I have an n router at home and it is so awful: connectivity, speed, etc. was in a hotel recently and it was incredible. maybe I should go buy an ac router?
    07-26-2014 10:40 AM
    My Icon has been working great on 5GHz with my Apple AirPort Express router.
    07-26-2014 12:12 PM
    My Icon has been working great on 5GHz with my Apple AirPort Express router.
    I run three Apple Express in extension mode and a new Apple TimeCapsule to cover my house and patio. My Icon has real trouble handing off to the strongest signal, will hang on to a very weak one until I cycle WiFi off/on. Eventually sometimes it will switch.
    07-26-2014 12:55 PM
    Man, I'm sick of the sucky wifi. My Icon with 8.1 has to be restarted if I want to connect to wifi. After re-starting, it will find and connect to previous wifi's. After a while, I can look at the wifi settings and either it sees the known connection and won't connect, or it won't even see the known and long-established hotspot. This is at work, home, or other places I frequent. Lucky I have unlimited data and good cellular, and hopefully, cyan will fix it.
    07-28-2014 03:52 PM
    I do not have any trouble with my Icon. Obviously, something exists though...it seems to be a plaguing issue.
    07-28-2014 03:58 PM
    I do not have any trouble with my Icon. Obviously, something exists though...it seems to be a plaguing issue.
    Do you have 8.1?
    07-28-2014 05:57 PM
    Do you have 8.1?
    Yes. I am running the DP, but I did get the 12400 before they pulled it.
    07-28-2014 06:55 PM
    just set up a 5gz ac router at home and wifi performance is much better on my icon than with my n router.

it was a refurbed Linksys, $60 on amazon.
    08-04-2014 06:10 AM
    just set up a 5gz ac router at home and wifi performance is much better on my icon than with my n router.

it was a refurbed Linksys, $60 on amazon.
    Better speed? Better range?
    08-04-2014 06:15 AM
    ...Router what I have Asus RT-AC68U (Tomato firmware).
    I bought this router and set it up last night. Went from almost no connectivity on my Icon at home to full strength in the same spot. I got tired of waiting for VZW to release Cyan but going back to 8.0 in the meantime just wasn't an attractive option.
    08-05-2014 02:45 PM
    My WiFi is actually worse since the recent update. I show more bars, but the signal isn't noticeably better.

What's more frustrating, though, is every few days it will just stop looking for new networks. It will freeze and show a few networks I'm not familiar with but must be near at some point because it's always one of the same two groups. If I turn the WiFi off and then back on it will immediately show these same networks. They aren't ones I'm near at the time. Usually turning on and turning off solves my issues (like when it kept refusing to connect to my home network after being on another network elsewhere), but this doesn't. Only rebooting the phone will.
    08-05-2014 05:52 PM
    I've had that issue where it stops recognizing networks as well, but only a couple of times. I've been at the mall, say, and when I come home it still only shows the networks that were available at the mall. Only a reboot fixes it.
    08-08-2014 01:24 PM
    I've had that issue where it stops recognizing networks as well, but only a couple of times. I've been at the mall, say, and when I come home it still only shows the networks that were available at the mall. Only a reboot fixes it.
    I get that every now and then too, even with the latest firmware from Verizon.
    08-08-2014 01:48 PM
    I still think that the problem of the icon and the 928 is the English language or operator, I had a 928 and worked perfect here in Colombia with my operator now I have a icon and also works perfect. battery after 12 hours of use 71% wi-fi always on four counts of mail, facebook, twitwer, whatsapp, wi-fi is behaves well, no reboots and works here in Colombia in LTE, with 63Megas discharge and 7Megas charge, the only thing is that when working on LTE is shown as if it had no network connected, but navigating perfect ...
    08-08-2014 05:50 PM
    My operator is TIGO 4G LTE GSM 1900Mhz, LTE band 4
    08-08-2014 05:54 PM
    My WiFi is actually worse since the recent update. I show more bars, but the signal isn't noticeably better.

What's more frustrating, though, is every few days it will just stop looking for new networks. It will freeze and show a few networks I'm not familiar with but must be near at some point because it's always one of the same two groups. If I turn the WiFi off and then back on it will immediately show these same networks. They aren't ones I'm near at the time. Usually turning on and turning off solves my issues (like when it kept refusing to connect to my home network after being on another network elsewhere), but this doesn't. Only rebooting the phone will.
    Right, exactly. Every couple of days it will stop connecting to known wifi networks and only a reboot will fix it. I didn't really notice any difference with the 8.1 update 1, still doing the same thing. Come on Microsoft.
    08-09-2014 06:46 AM
    Right, exactly. Every couple of days it will stop connecting to known wifi networks and only a reboot will fix it. I didn't really notice any difference with the 8.1 update 1, still doing the same thing. Come on Microsoft.
    Yeah same thing for me too all of a sudden I'll notice my Wi-Fi is off and my home network I connect to every day does not show up... My neighbors don't either. A reboot is the only thing to fix it
    08-09-2014 09:25 AM
    Yeah same thing for me too all of a sudden I'll notice my Wi-Fi is off and my home network I connect to every day does not show up... My neighbors don't either. A reboot is the only thing to fix it
    Yep
    08-11-2014 06:43 AM
    I'm curious if anyone has a similar situation to me and knows what the problem is. I get home before my wife does and my 928 will be connected to wifi and working just fine. As soon as she pulls in the driveway with her Icon, the router apparently goes haywire and no one has wifi (phones, tablets, computers). Sometimes the phones will detect the router but not connect. Sometimes the phones will connect to the router but say no internet access. Once everything is rebooted, all is well on all devices...until she leaves and comes back with the Icon and then we repeat the whole thing. It's very frustrating, especially when streaming because if I don't catch that it's streaming via cellular I go through a lot of data.
    08-13-2014 09:09 AM
    What router do you have?
    08-14-2014 06:11 AM
    Netgear something or other. Looks like this. One thing I do know is that maybe 6 months ago setting up something with DirecTV, I pushed the WPS button on the bottom without knowing what it is. Ever since then I've had problems with everything. Just more recently seems to be extra screwy with the Icon.
    08-14-2014 07:03 AM
169 ... 4567