Is Wifi terrible on all Icons?

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I've had that issue where it stops recognizing networks as well, but only a couple of times. I've been at the mall, say, and when I come home it still only shows the networks that were available at the mall. Only a reboot fixes it.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I've had that issue where it stops recognizing networks as well, but only a couple of times. I've been at the mall, say, and when I come home it still only shows the networks that were available at the mall. Only a reboot fixes it.

I get that every now and then too, even with the latest firmware from Verizon.

juliosa2

May 30, 2014
Visit site
I still think that the problem of the icon and the 928 is the English language or operator, I had a 928 and worked perfect here in Colombia with my operator now I have a icon and also works perfect. battery after 12 hours of use 71% wi-fi always on four counts of mail, facebook, twitwer, whatsapp, wi-fi is behaves well, no reboots and works here in Colombia in LTE, with 63Megas discharge and 7Megas charge, the only thing is that when working on LTE is shown as if it had no network connected, but navigating perfect ...

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
My WiFi is actually worse since the recent update. I show more bars, but the signal isn't noticeably better.

What's more frustrating, though, is every few days it will just stop looking for new networks. It will freeze and show a few networks I'm not familiar with but must be near at some point because it's always one of the same two groups. If I turn the WiFi off and then back on it will immediately show these same networks. They aren't ones I'm near at the time. Usually turning on and turning off solves my issues (like when it kept refusing to connect to my home network after being on another network elsewhere), but this doesn't. Only rebooting the phone will.

Right, exactly. Every couple of days it will stop connecting to known wifi networks and only a reboot will fix it. I didn't really notice any difference with the 8.1 update 1, still doing the same thing. Come on Microsoft.

Kasey Pierce

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Right, exactly. Every couple of days it will stop connecting to known wifi networks and only a reboot will fix it. I didn't really notice any difference with the 8.1 update 1, still doing the same thing. Come on Microsoft.

Yeah same thing for me too all of a sudden I'll notice my Wi-Fi is off and my home network I connect to every day does not show up... My neighbors don't either. A reboot is the only thing to fix it

Jason Drum

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious if anyone has a similar situation to me and knows what the problem is. I get home before my wife does and my 928 will be connected to wifi and working just fine. As soon as she pulls in the driveway with her Icon, the router apparently goes haywire and no one has wifi (phones, tablets, computers). Sometimes the phones will detect the router but not connect. Sometimes the phones will connect to the router but say no internet access. Once everything is rebooted, all is well on all devices...until she leaves and comes back with the Icon and then we repeat the whole thing. It's very frustrating, especially when streaming because if I don't catch that it's streaming via cellular I go through a lot of data.

Jason Drum

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Netgear something or other. Looks like this. One thing I do know is that maybe 6 months ago setting up something with DirecTV, I pushed the WPS button on the bottom without knowing what it is. Ever since then I've had problems with everything. Just more recently seems to be extra screwy with the Icon.

quantum tao

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Netgear something or other. Looks like this. One thing I do know is that maybe 6 months ago setting up something with DirecTV, I pushed the WPS button on the bottom without knowing what it is. Ever since then I've had problems with everything. Just more recently seems to be extra screwy with the Icon.
if its the one in your pic, then its a cheap router. dual band would help your cause. if the netgear something or other router is the wnr2000 then you could try the latest firmware: WNR2000v4 Firmware Version 1.0.0.50

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Just adding in here since its been a few weeks since the last update. I used to have issues with my Icon always going to limited connectivity, but since the last update, I have not had a single issue! Everything is working better than ever and I am super happy and hope everybody else is too! :)

extrikate

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
My WiFi is actually worse since the recent update. I show more bars, but the signal isn't noticeably better.

What's more frustrating, though, is every few days it will just stop looking for new networks. It will freeze and show a few networks I'm not familiar with but must be near at some point because it's always one of the same two groups. If I turn the WiFi off and then back on it will immediately show these same networks. They aren't ones I'm near at the time. Usually turning on and turning off solves my issues (like when it kept refusing to connect to my home network after being on another network elsewhere), but this doesn't. Only rebooting the phone will.

I have the same issue where it is as if my wifi isn't refreshing the network list. Instead of rebooting, select one of the random networks. Then I enter random characters for the password. When the password fails, I find that my network list has refreshed. Frustrating, but better than rebooting.

anon(8503161)

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Chiming in to say that my WiFi has been awful since February and I have replaced the phone thrice. I am currently sitting not 30 feet away from my router in the same room and it has been fluctuating between 0-3 "bars" on the WiFi indicator. The Wireless G USB stick in my PC is getting a very good 5 bar connection.

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue where it is as if my wifi isn't refreshing the network list. Instead of rebooting, select one of the random networks. Then I enter random characters for the password. When the password fails, I find that my network list has refreshed. Frustrating, but better than rebooting.
Assume these are 8.1 issues sure hope they get resolved with cyan update a little embarrassing for this "flagship" phone. I will have to try the random character fail work around. Started wondering if all the WiFi issues are an attempt to increase data consumption when WiFi isn't able to reconnect.

anon(8503161)

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Assume these are 8.1 issues sure hope they get resolved with cyan update a little embarrassing for this "flagship" phone. I will have to try the random character fail work around. Started wondering if all the WiFi issues are an attempt to increase data consumption when WiFi isn't able to reconnect.

Unfortunately, I have had these problems on 8.0.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon