Is Wifi terrible on all Icons?

Richard Servello

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
The only issue I have is signal strength with 5ghz networks. 2.4ghz are super strong, but slow. My 5hgz networks get full speed but tend to have 1 or 2 bars at all times and drop out often.

Bodeanicus

Banned
Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Two words: Developer Preview. No one on Verizon is running official Cyan/8.1. Allowing everyone to run the DP and not controlling the release of the official package has bitten Microsoft in the ***.

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Two words: Developer Preview. No one on Verizon is running official Cyan/8.1. Allowing everyone to run the DP and not controlling the release of the official package has bitten Microsoft in the ***.
Do you mean bitten Verizon in the ***? I think it makes them look worse than MS. I expect in most peoples eyes MS is finally listening and responding to community feedback by creating the program.

Lee B

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I got results similar to indistinguishable. Even though my Icon showed a weaker wireless signal than my laptop, it showed higher download (27 vs. 13 Mbps) and upload (13 vs. 12 Mpbs) speeds. Maybe the issue is with the signal indicator rather actual performance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes