No Data with AT&T SIM in Icon

Coolaaron88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I just purchased the Lumia Icon at the MS Store here in Vegas and this thing is an absolute beauty. I know that all Verizon 4G/LTE phones come unlocked so putting my AT&T Nano Sim shouldn't be a problem in the least. Im noticing that Im seeing an "H" at the top of my phone instead of a "H+" and while I can recieve phone calls and texts just fine I have no access to data. Any thing I need to do to enable that because that shouldn't be an issue at all.

Thank you in advance.

Coolaaron88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Alright well I did that and now I have data. Is there an option in access point to access HSPA+ speeds because I know Vegas is a HSPA+ market (as well as an LTE one but I know I have no LTE access here).

dgantz

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't think so. I wonder if the HSPA+ side has a different APN than the one Access Point set? At least you do have data now.

Coolaaron88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't think so. I wonder if the HSPA+ side has a different APN than the one Access Point set? At least you do have data now.

actually it seems it flickers between H and H+ so I guess it depends on the area. Also I ran speed tests and its pretty good. Anywhere between 3-5 MB down. Thanks again for the help.

Sent from my RM-927_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

Matt Bee

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Are you able to send & receive MMS ? Please advise since several people have been having issues with sending, receiving, and pictures in the MMS application.

Thank you !!

anon(7822191)

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
You absolutely must download nokia's "Access Point," which doesn't come on the phone by default (at least for me). After I installed it, I didn't even have to mess with it's settings, I was able to send pictures and such using my AT&T sim.

Matt Bee

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Addison> Thank you for your response, I've ordered the Icon this afternoon, hopefully it's performance on AT&T will meet my expectations. I don't have LTE where I live, so I could really careless about that, but as long as I have H or H+ I'll be in good shape!

Thanks Again!

ajansari

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Try this - go to settings > cellular data, and you will find a setting that says something to the effect of "highest speed" and LTE will likely be selected.

If you change this option to something other than LTE, you should be able to use data. The Icon's LTE bands are different from the ones supported by AT&T.

I hope this helps, and would be interested to know if this solves your issue.

anon(7822191)

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Visual voicemail did not work before access point, but does afterwards. The only issue I have that makes my phone seem slightly abnormal is there have been a few times today when I don't get a data connection/ it's really weak.

Vmartinez39

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Wow so SMS and MMS work with Access Point?

Thats great news to hear. I'm not on AT&T but on one of the prepaid MVNO and this has always been the sticking point, making MMS work. Now I can get this phone in new future. I have a Lumia 928 but keeping my eye out for Icon on sale.

Also, does Internet Sharing to work? There I got it to work on mine but required the instructions of this post: http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...mms-now-working-t-920-w-usa-t-mobile-sim.html

anon(7822191)

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I don't see why internet sharing wouldn't work but I haven't tried it yet. I would like to note that I'm having an issue receiving picture messages, but sending them works fine. Anyone else getting this issue?

Matt Bee

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Addison> I received my Icon 2-days ago, and have an AT&T SIM in it. I have been having MMS issues for sure! Everything else is working perfectly. Now, with that being said, I came from an iPhone, and was on iMessage, which seems to be a little more involved problem. I turned iMessage off on my iPhone, and had to called Apple, and had them remove my telephone number for the iMessage server, which they told could take up to 24-hours to be completely removed. Everyone one is receiving my MMS, but I am not receiving MMS's from anyone who has an iPhone. Now as today progressed, I have received a couple from iPhone users MMS's, but I have no idea the timing of them, and it's very sporadic. I'll wait till tomorrow, but it's looking like I might have to try something else if things don't smooth out!

anon(7822191)

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Matt, I haven't been able to receive pictures via text from anybody that I text regularly. Sending them works fine, but instead of getting a picture text I get a text from UNNOWN saying MESSAGE NOT FOUND. Totally annoying, and I'm not sure this issue will be addressed..

Matt Bee

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Addison> I took care of my problem :) Ported to Verizon, and purchased a tri-band Verizon booster:

WCS TRI Band Verizon - Verizon Voice Data and 4G LTE Boosters

So, now at my home in the middle of the woods, literally I live in the woods on a 10,000 acre cattle ranch, I now have a full signal of LTE coverage in my home!!!!

I honestly gave AT&T a shot, but the device is definitely not GSM friendly no matter what Nokia tells you :)

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Okay so we have some that can do MMS fine, and some that can't. Do we have any more details yet? Is the apple imessage stuff part of the problem or is it an APN issue?

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I got the access point settings app and I still cant receive MMS. Same problem as 928, even tried media net settings and att settings.
unknown: message not found.

apn:wap.cingular
username: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
proxy: wireless.cingular.com
password CINGULAR1
mmms apn:wap.cingular
mms: http://mmsc.cingular.com
same proxy
same user/pw

Last edited:

Anthony Lowry

Jul 28, 2013