The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    So I seem to be having the same problem pairing my Icon with my vehicle. In addition, I also tried pairing to my 2520. Exact same problem. Phone will connect and disconnect continuously. I read some previous posts and tried the soft reset... no luck. After a week I exchanged my first phone, but I still have the same issue with the second. Any suggestions? I really hate to return this phone and go back to Google.
    03-14-2014 09:01 PM
    Interesting. I have a 2011 ford focus with sync and have no issues. What car and what does it use for built in Bluetooth?
    03-14-2014 09:26 PM
    I have a 2012 Volvo which I'm have been able to connect to twice. What is strange is I cannot connect to my 2520 although if I had to choose between the two my car would be 1st.
    03-15-2014 12:38 AM
    My Icon connects and works great with my two Ford vehicles with Sync and also to my 3rd vehicle with an Alpine nav system.
    03-15-2014 07:44 AM
    No problems for me with my 2013 Explorer.
    03-15-2014 09:41 AM
    No problems with 2012 Jeep U-Connect, however U-connect for Jeep does not support text readouts with this phone. All android and blackberry phones I have had did work with text readout via u-connect....bummer but no deal breaker for me.
    03-15-2014 04:01 PM
    I have a 2013 Equinox and the Bluetooth integration is ok...not spectacular. I think it's a MyChevy problem and not with my phone per se. It was better until GM pushed out a software update and made worse not better.

Because it's a WP, the system doesn't recognize that my phone has Pandora. Also, the only way it sees my playlists is when I plug it in directly via USB. When using my phone's turn by turn, the only way I can hear it is when I select Bluetooth. Previous to GM updating software it would switch over to Bluetooth when I was coming up to a turn. This is an issue with my car, because I have the same issues with my old Android phone. I don't have a iPhone so I can't test it to see if it's an issue with iOS too.
    03-16-2014 03:10 PM
    looks like the connection with the car is solved, although it was nothing I did... connection just finally stuck. I can get in the car now and it syncs right away and I have full feature set. Actually it works better than my HTC one, Galaxy Note, or my S2 ever worked. Thanks for all the replies.... I just wish I could have given you all a "fix".

Still interested in reading if anyone has successfully synced to their 2520...
    03-16-2014 10:18 PM
    Were you able to transfer /sync contacts with you car? I can connect my phone (L928 + Prius 2011) and call, but I wasn't able to transfer contacts at all. The cars system continuously saying "Searching". When I open contact and go to Share via Bluetooth then it can't find cars system even though its still connected. Any idea how to resolve this?
    03-16-2014 10:32 PM
    Were you able to transfer /sync contacts with you car? I can connect my phone (L928 + Prius 2011) and call, but I wasn't able to transfer contacts at all. The cars system continuously saying "Searching". When I open contact and go to Share via Bluetooth then it can't find cars system even though its still connected. Any idea how to resolve this?
    I can sync contacts. It's probably the car. If you haven't already, unpair your phone, the pair it again. If that doesn't work, check with Toyota. It's possible that Toyota has a software update.
    03-16-2014 11:54 PM
    P.S. Most, if not all Bluetooth issues with car systems are caused by the automakers. There isn't a common system and each auto manufacturer has its own system. Right now, there is a consortium of automakers and phone manufacturers working on this. And of course, Apple is going its own way...
    Starrbuck and thecwillin like this.
    03-16-2014 11:59 PM
    My 2012 Toyota Corolla works perfectly with my Icon.
    03-17-2014 08:46 AM
    Interesting... this whole "connect and disconnect repeatedly" thing... I synced right up to my VW Jetta, and I have zero problems with it. But I can't stay connected to my XPS 12. Had to plug it in w/USB to get ringtones on it.
    03-17-2014 10:37 AM
    I am having the same issue as OP originally had. After much effort I can get the phone to sync with my 2013 Subaru STi, but then it will randomly drop connection. Also, after leaving and then returning to the car, I have to sync the phone and head unit all over again. My car still has the factory head unit, so initially I blamed it on Subaru's fondness for cheap stereos, but the same thing happened in my wife's car. She has an aftermarket Pioneer Stereo/Nav unit in hers.

I'm running Windows Phone 8.1 on my phone, which I understand is still in beta and doesn't have the accompanying Nokia firmware update. Could this be my problem? Should I downgrade?
    ind1g0 likes this.
    06-06-2014 08:33 AM
    My Bluetooth connection with my Equinox has gotten better for two reasons. First, WP8.1 brought some improvements with it, and two, I took my car to the Chevy dealership and they upgraded the software for my infotainment system. So now I can do ALMOST anything an iPhone or Android phone can do. My car's built in Pandora app still doesn't recognize Pandora on my phone, but that is not a big problem. I just start Pandora on my phone and switch to Bluetooth and it works.
    06-06-2014 06:43 PM
    I had the same problem until I connected using this pattern.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!
    06-09-2014 12:30 AM
    It should be okay since windows phone 8 has that feature built in.
    (in response to read out text post)
    Posted via the WPC App for Android!
    Last edited by vepac; 06-09-2014 at 10:41 AM.
    06-09-2014 12:32 AM
    Hmm. I'll try that today and see if it sticks. Thanks!
    06-11-2014 02:22 PM
    Same issue here. Started happening on L920 with 8.1 DP and still happening after 8.1 official release with Cyan. Did a factory reset with Cyan too, no change. Still looking for a fix. Toggling BT off and on connects the audio stream. Voice always works fine when i get in the car. In 8.0 it worked flawlessly.

2013 Subaru Crosstrek
    09-08-2014 10:25 AM