Is the icon factory unlocked?

Mustafa Sultan

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
What about CDMA networks, is the ICON factory unlocked on other CDMA networks.

i.e. i want to use in on a CDMA network abroad, is it going to works, (voice and date)?

Kindly help.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
What about CDMA networks, is the ICON factory unlocked on other CDMA networks.

i.e. i want to use in on a CDMA network abroad, is it going to works, (voice and date)?

Kindly help.

As I understand it, only GSM is unlocked. The CDMA section of the phone is locked. Never mind if you trying to use it "over the pond" on a CDMA network(Japan for example), I would bet it would not work anyway. Verizon's CDMA is different from the rest of the world's CDMA.... Japan uses a different CDMA standard and they are not compatible. If your talking about using it on Sprint in the US, it will not work, locked.

I remember reading about this a while ago, unless something changed in the last few years, this should be correct.

pdt

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this sheds any light, but recently we traveled to China, where there are both GSM and CDMA networks. My wife's Verizon iPhone 4, which is CDMA-only, surprisingly worked fine. We did not expect this and took no action to unlock it, so it must have been unlocked already.

scottd34

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this sheds any light, but recently we traveled to China, where there are both GSM and CDMA networks. My wife's Verizon iPhone 4, which is CDMA-only, surprisingly worked fine. We did not expect this and took no action to unlock it, so it must have been unlocked already.
If you were using a US number when you were in china then you were just using the roaming agreements, so locking is irrelevant.
4g phones arent locked, 3g phones you just need to call global support and ask to unlock them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro