Recessed Button?

lmnopotts

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm heading to Verizon this afternoon to compare my model, but is anyone else's middle button recessed more than the volume & camera buttons? I can't recall if its always been like this or if its been pushed in from use.

I noticed it the past couple of mornings when rolling out of bed and trying to turn on the screen. Is this button not supposed to stick out like the others?

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
The middle/power button on the 928 is recessed further than the other buttons. This is to help avoid accidental button presses. I haven't used an Icon but it is probably by design.

primortal

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
My power button is also a little more recessed then the volume or the camera buttons. As odin09 said, that is a tactile feature or just to prevent accidental hitting of the button.

lmnopotts

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Ok, thanks. The iphone I just came from the top button was worn in deep from use, just making sure I hadn't broken something.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeap, the one on my 822 also looks a bit more recessed. But after the wear and tear it might get even lower, which is why double tap to wake is popular.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I actually examined my phone out of the box at the Microsoft store to make sure that the buttons were the way I wanted them. The first phone that came out had a power button with really low resistance, so I had them take that one back.

The Icon I ended up walking out with has pretty recessed volume buttons, a bit higher power button, and the highest is the camera button. The resistance on all three is wonderful, just the way I like it.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Mine doesn't look recessed; rather it does look like it doesn't stick out as much. I never noticed that until you mentioned it. Tactily, it does feel different than the camera button.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion