Greetings,

I am new to the Icon, freshly off of Android. I have a question about the NFC; mainly, what is the point?

I have the CR-200 Car Holder & DT-910 charging desk stand both of which support NFC. It seems like using NFC is one extra step.

I have the phone set to launch Desktop Mode when placed in either holder. I also have a home screen shortcut for Desktop Mode. So here are my 2 options:

Using NFC:
    1. Press Power Button
    2. Slide up screen
    3. Tap NFC
    4. Tap Accept for Receive Content pop-up
    5. Place in dock

Using Home Screen button:
    1. Press Power Button
    2. Slide up screen
    3. Tap Dock Mode icon
    4. Place in dock

Am I missing something here? I guess I was spoiled on my old Droid Mini. When I put that in the dock, I could have it launch any number of programs automatically with no interaction at all. But Motorola always made great accessories and docks in particular.

So is there a way to skip the Receive Content pop-up? Maybe a trusted device or something? Otherwise, I dont understand why I would use the NFC feature. Not a big deal, but curious none the less.

Thanks for any advice.

Doug M.
    03-18-2014 09:36 AM
    It's just the nature of WP to validate the NFC taps to avoid malicious tags doing nasty things :D

When WP 8.1 is released, you can 'trust' these tags and in the future you won't have to acknowledge the tap.
    03-18-2014 10:04 AM
    The NFC allows you to use multiple accessories; and customize the behavior for each. It also alleviates the necessity of having a tile for each on your start screen. And yes, when WP8.1 is released you can trust each device and not have that extra step.
    03-18-2014 06:15 PM