Anyone have any suggestions for a running armband for the NL Icon? Preferably something sweat resistant, accessible, secure, and comfortable. Audio jack access would be a plus, though I'm considering making the transition to Bluetooth earbuds.
    Last edited by Indistinguishable; 03-20-2014 at 01:28 PM.
    03-19-2014 04:20 PM
    I moved away from armbands a while back, have you considered some of the belts? For me, they are far more comfortable.
    03-19-2014 07:12 PM
    I moved away from armbands a while back, have you considered some of the belts? For me, they are far more comfortable.
    I haven't considered belts... Or even heard of them. In my mind, that actually sounds more restricting & uncomfortable.

Could you link me what you use?
    03-20-2014 07:35 AM
    This is the one I use: FlipBelt - World's Best Running Belt & Fitness Workout Belt

It works perfectly and doesn't bounce around like a fanny pack/water bottle holder type of belt would (which is very important to me). You can get them online, but if you're near a retailer that carries them, you should check it out. I highly recommend it.
    03-20-2014 07:46 AM
    I haven't considered belts... Or even heard of them. In my mind, that actually sounds more restricting & uncomfortable.

Could you link me what you use?
    I have tried a few and really like the SPIBelts.
    Amazon.com: SPIbelt (Small Personal Item) belt - Black with Black Zipper: Kitchen & Dining

The flip belts are nice too.
    Indistinguishable likes this.
    03-20-2014 01:16 PM
    I was interested in the SPIbelt. Do you know if you can maintain a GPS signal when your phone is in the pocket?
    03-21-2014 02:40 PM
    Yes, the pouch is very thin.
    03-21-2014 06:08 PM
    This is the one I use: [url=http://flipbelt.com/]It works perfectly and doesn't bounce around like a fanny pack
    I use a small bum bag (just big enough hold my 820, door key and an emergency tenner for beer / taxi) and it does not bounce around at all when sat on my hip. Of course if you are in the habit of changing music, taking calls etc while you are exercising then you will need to use any belt in combination with Bluetooth earphones with remote controls.
    03-22-2014 10:06 AM
    This is the one I use: FlipBelt - World's Best Running Belt & Fitness Workout Belt

It works perfectly and doesn't bounce around like a fanny pack/water bottle holder type of belt would (which is very important to me). You can get them online, but if you're near a retailer that carries them, you should check it out. I highly recommend it.
    The belt itself doesn't bounce. Does the Icon within it bounce? Also, how does the Icon fit inside it?
    03-22-2014 11:35 AM
    The belt itself doesn't bounce. Does the Icon within it bounce? Also, how does the Icon fit inside it?
    The Icon doesn't bounce inside the belt. It fits pretty snug, but not so much that you'd have to shove the phone into the pocket. The material's essentially the same type of material used in compression pants. I can take some pics once I get a chance, if that'd help.
    03-24-2014 12:20 AM
    The Icon doesn't bounce inside the belt. It fits pretty snug, but not so much that you'd have to shove the phone into the pocket. The material's essentially the same type of material used in compression pants. I can take some pics once I get a chance, if that'd help.
    That'd be helpful. I'm close to pulling the trigger on it. I might head over to a sports store in the area and check them out.
    03-24-2014 09:24 AM
    Sorry for the late reply. Took me awhile to get around to actually taking the pics.

Icon to FlipBelt comparison:
    photo-1.jpg

Icon going into FlipBelt pocket:
    photo-2.jpg

Icon in FlipBelt pocket:
    photo-3.jpg

Wearing FlipBelt with pocket-side exposed:
    photo-4.jpg

Wearing FlipBelt with pocket-side hidden:
    photo-5.jpg

Hope these help.
    03-25-2014 06:50 PM
    Sorry for the late reply. Took me awhile to get around to actually taking the pics.

Icon to FlipBelt comparison:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	201.5 KB 
ID:	60476

Icon going into FlipBelt pocket:

Name:	photo 2.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	204.2 KB 
ID:	60477

Icon in FlipBelt pocket:

Name:	photo 3.JPG 
Size:	205.1 KB 
ID:	60478

Wearing FlipBelt with pocket-side exposed:

Name:	photo 4.JPG 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	60479

Wearing FlipBelt with pocket-side hidden:

Name:	photo 5.JPG 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	60480

Hope these help.
    That is really helpful. Does it feel uncomfortable at all? One would think that putting a somewhat sharp metal square on your gut might hurt a bit.
    03-25-2014 08:07 PM
    Well before I got it, I wasn't used to wearing what's essentially a compression band around my waist, but now I don't really notice it. That would be more an issue with this type of belt rather than the phone itself. It doesn't take very long (if any time at all) to get used to wearing it, but at no point would I consider it uncomfortable.
    Indistinguishable likes this.
    03-25-2014 09:45 PM
    Well before I got it, I wasn't used to wearing what's essentially a compression band around my waist, but now I don't really notice it. That would be more an issue with this type of belt rather than the phone itself. It doesn't take very long (if any time at all) to get used to wearing it, but at no point would I consider it uncomfortable.
    I'm going to pull the trigger & order one. Thanks for the help, bro!

Edit: It's delivering on Tuesday.
    Last edited by Indistinguishable; 03-28-2014 at 04:19 PM.
    03-26-2014 08:42 AM