USB Charging Cord

dougger1977

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Got the Icon a couple weeks ago and love it. I came from an 8X and the only thing that I miss is the super long USB cable. Do you think I could use the Nokia charging outlet but use the 8X cord? I know that everybody recommends you use the charger the device comes with, but I'm not sure if the cord itself makes any difference?

w4rmk

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Pretty much any decent quality Micro USB cable will work fine with any decent quality wall charger. The highest amp output the charger the faster the phone will charge.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Got the Icon a couple weeks ago and love it. I came from an 8X and the only thing that I miss is the super long USB cable. Do you think I could use the Nokia charging outlet but use the 8X cord? I know that everybody recommends you use the charger the device comes with, but I'm not sure if the cord itself makes any difference?

If it's micro-USB, it will work. That's the beauty of a standard charging/sync connection, you can use any micro-USB cable to charge it. The part that plugs in the wall or you're car power outlet just determines how fast it will charge. Look for chargers that are capable of 1 - 2 Amps for both at home and car chargers.

A number of years ago the EU required that cell phone makers standardize charging/sync connectors. People were buying phones and would get two or three chargers (one for work, one for home, and one for the car). Once they upgraded the phones, they would recycle the phones; but the chargers would be tossed since they weren't compatible with the newer phones. Enter the micro-USB. ANY device equipped with micro-USB is compatible. So if you're at a friend's house and start getting low, you can use his or her charger. Unless of course they have an iPhone. Currently, Apple is the only phone maker that has its own proprietary charger/sync cable; which is compatible across its line of phone and tablet (yes, I purposely made them singular).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720