2 problems - 1 wifi and 1 power

Badgerbrown

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
okay, so if I leave wifi on and I'm not near a wifi spot, then the phone doesn't automatically switch to LTE (cellular data), I have to go in and turn the wifi off in order to surf anything. Anyone else have this issue or have a fix for it?

Now, if I power the unit down, it restarts, doesn't power off, just restarts.....wth.......ideas? Thanks in advance!

Go-2guy

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
I haven't experienced the wifi/LTE switch yet. Haven't really been in a place to test just yet. The power cycling was strange though. It only happens when I'm plugged in an charging though. If I'm not plugged into the charger it powers down just fine.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
okay, so if I leave wifi on and I'm not near a wifi spot, then the phone doesn't automatically switch to LTE (cellular data), I have to go in and turn the wifi off in order to surf anything. Anyone else have this issue or have a fix for it?

Now, if I power the unit down, it restarts, doesn't power off, just restarts.....wth.......ideas? Thanks in advance!

Check your cellular settings. Settings > Cellular and ensure that "use cellular data" is selected.

As far as power recycling, how are you powering off? Are you holding the power button for two seconds and releasing then swiping down? Or are you holding the down volume and power buttons at the same time (soft reset)? The second option will automatically restart the phone and is used to soft reboot, handy if it gets a little wonky once in a while.

romant56

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I haven't experienced the wifi/LTE switch yet. Haven't really been in a place to test just yet. The power cycling was strange though. It only happens when I'm plugged in an charging though. If I'm not plugged into the charger it powers down just fine.

Most Windows Phones automatically turn on when plugged into the charger. So, if you turn it off while it's plugged in it will immediately turn itself back on. My 8X (and I'm sure some other phones) are able to stay in a special charging state with just a large battery indicator when plugged in, but the Nokia's will just turn on. I'm guessing this is what OP was referring to.

Badgerbrown

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Use cellular data is on and I'm powering down by pressing the button and swiping down, but the phone was charging so I think that's a non issue if they all power on while being charged. No big deal on the restart, but the wifi to lte is a bit troublesome.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett