Twitter Notifications

Jeremy Lebens

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else not getting Twitter notifications on their Icon? I have the toast/push notifications turned on. For some reason, whenever I go to settings to make sure they're turned on, I get a notification at the top of the screen that says,

Twitter was unable to create a push notification channel. Please ensure network connectivity and try restarting the app.

I'm on full-service 4G LTE and have also tried just using perfectly fine wifi.

Noticed this a week or two ago and now I don't get toast notifications or live tile updates unless I turn off my phone and then upon restarting I get flooded with all of the notifications since my last turn off.

Odd....

Also, using the official Twitter app.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else not getting Twitter notifications on their Icon? I have the toast/push notifications turned on. For some reason, whenever I go to settings to make sure they're turned on, I get a notification at the top of the screen that says,

Twitter was unable to create a push notification channel. Please ensure network connectivity and try restarting the app.

I'm on full-service 4G LTE and have also tried just using perfectly fine wifi.

Noticed this a week or two ago and now I don't get toast notifications or live tile updates unless I turn off my phone and then upon restarting I get flooded with all of the notifications since my last turn off.

Odd....

Also, using the official Twitter app.

I'm getting mine fine. Maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Twitter has been working fine for me as well. I would turn off push notifications and try turning it back on again? Unfortunately there's little troubleshooting that can be done with apps these days. I would log off and on if all else fails. I only have notifications from a few key people I follow, so maybe just try testing with one person and work it out from there?

amforeman

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried Rowi? I use it as my twitter app. It offers toast notifications and live tile for mentions, DM's, retweets, favorites and follows, and a lock screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99