T-Mobile LTE working with no data indicator

Andygoes

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok, this is very bizarre, and is definitely a developing thing. A redditor and I were discussing the technical possibility of the Icon getting T-Mobile LTE. However, whenever I set my phone to maximum data as LTE, I show no signal. I thought, what the heck, I'll try it on LTE and maybe I just have a weak signal.

Well, I had it on LTE and then got an email. Huh. I fired up Hardware Tests app and, sure enough, T-Mobile LTE showed up. Opened up Network Speed Test and definitely got some LTE speeds. All the while, signal indicator shows no connection at all.

Decided to test a call with my wife, 3G and H+ bounced back and forth while on the call. Cool. MMS works just fine, too.

Here's where it gets weird, though. I can't send SMS! Receiving seems to be fine, but sending doesn't work. When I have Highest Connection Speed set to 2G, no problems with SMS or MMS, but when it's set to LTE, outgoing SMS is broken.

What's more, my phone rebooted itself a couple times throughout the day with LTE turned on. In the two weeks I've had it, I've yet to witness a random reboot, but since enabling LTE, now I have had at least two random reboots. I also had to exchange my phone at MS Store for gradient screen issue (this one has it, too, but MS Store is an hour from home and I'll be back by there on Friday), so I'll see if the reboots happen.

APN settings are default from SIM Card:
Internet APN:
Access Point Name: fast.t-mobile.com
User name: <blank>
Password: <blank>
Proxy address: <blank>
Proxy port: <blank>
Network type: IPv4
Authentication type: none

MMS APN:
MMS Access Point Name: fast.t-mobile.com
User name: <blank>
Password: <blank>
Proxy address: <blank>
Proxy port: <blank>
MMSC address:
http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
Network type: IPv4
Authentication type: none

If you have an Icon on T-Mobile, change to LTE and see if you have any luck with Hardware Tests reporting LTE and Network Speed Test!

Vistary

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
It happens to me as well, T-Mobile. No data indicator, and sometimes even no signal indicator.. but there is signal and I DO get decent data speed, not sure if it is LTE or H.

But i do not have random reboot issue..

wp_ss_20140328_0002.jpg

Like this, no signal, but I do have signal and data...

Last edited:

Wowpicker

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
hey, friend, i m here irvine, i bought verizon icon, exactly like what you said. except reboot

but the problem is i could not find any MMS setting, there is only ADD Internet APN

so where is MMS APN? i really like the phone, even could use H and H+ under tmobile

sraina

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Try downloading the Nokia access point app and it will pick up the settings for your SIM card. I can confirm that this works for T-Mobile.

sraina

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Try downloading the Nokia access point app and it will pick up the settings for your SIM card. I can confirm that this works for T-Mobile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo