icon shutter speed compared to other phones

balefire

Nov 6, 2007
Visit site
Ive read from many online reviews about a shutter lag on the icon camera.
In the store i didnt notice anything obvious but the store was well lit during the daytime.
The shutter lag and the battery are my biggest hesitation coming from my lg g2.
How is the shutter lag for you guys? Worse or better than other camera phones?
I have two little kids i chase around. ..

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey welcome to WPC forums :smile:
You can read the camera review in this complet review of lumia icon here :- Nokia Lumia Icon Review | Windows Phone Central

Shutter speed can be set to auto or one can adjust it manually which goes by 4sec max
Lumia 1020 does take time capture image (makes sense it a a 41MP sensor ) but this one is a 21mp camera. You can adjust more manual settings in nokia camera app which includes manual focus , ISO. Battery life on lumia icon is excellent. Lumia 1520 iPhone 5s which has the same 20 mp camera.

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
HC, I don't think OP is referring to ability to set shutter speed but rather the fact that when you press the camera button it takes some time for the picture to actually snap. Whereas other phones snap instantly. I've found this quite annoying as I'm unable to get the action shot I want - usually miss it. I doubt there is any fix though

quantum tao

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
HC, I don't think OP is referring to ability to set shutter speed but rather the fact that when you press the camera button it takes some time for the picture to actually snap. Whereas other phones snap instantly. I've found this quite annoying as I'm unable to get the action shot I want - usually miss it. I doubt there is any fix though
yes, i have noticed this also. i have had to retake alot of pictures because of it.

balefire

Nov 6, 2007
Visit site

Yes, thats what i meant. My current lg g2 has some shutter lag that is a little frustrating. My old htc dna did not. The new htc one m8 has no lag but takes bad 4mp pics...
I wonder if the MP count affects shutter lag...

Is the 1020 slow too?

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

I've noticed a significant shutter lag too. I don't use the built in camera app though. I use Nokia Camera. I've missed several shots even when I've pre-focused. Which is annoying since I've missed several action shots of my 6 year old daughter.

The shutter lag can be improved. They just need to go through and optimize the code to be more efficient.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss