no hope for Glance

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I really like glance on my 928. I just ordered an Icon, but kind of think I will miss glance. There are advantages to the Icon, but I might be so used to glance that I can't give it up.

ret18057

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, as much as it's heresy here, I'm-a ebay the Icon and pop for the Samsung, me thinks...different strokes for different folks...

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I really like glance on my 928. I just ordered an Icon, but kind of think I will miss glance. There are advantages to the Icon, but I might be so used to glance that I can't give it up.

I missed Glance for a bit... about a day or so... then I didn't miss it anymore. The Icon has so much more to offer...

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I'll hang on to my 920 for now, I hope they get this resolved in time for the 1020's successor. I'd rather have a 768p glance screen than a 1080p blank screen when I look over at my nightstand or take the phone out of my pocket. Nokia needs to stop dropping features in new phones. In the US the 920 and 928 are the only ones not missing a previously available feature. When you upgrade from an iPhone 4s to a 5s, you never have to look back wistfully at all the features Apple dropped in the new model. You get something unequivocally better. Nokia needs to do that.

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I'll hang on to my 920 for now, I hope they get this resolved in time for the 1020's successor. I'd rather have a 768p glance screen than a 1080p blank screen when I look over at my nightstand or take the phone out of my pocket. Nokia needs to stop dropping features in new phones. In the US the 920 and 928 are the only ones not missing a previously available feature. When you upgrade from an iPhone 4s to a 5s, you never have to look back wistfully at all the features Apple dropped in the new model. You get something unequivocally better. Nokia needs to do that.

This guy gets it.

I'm holding out for a 1030 too... but I'm worried it may not have a camera grip or a lanyard. It's so hard to drop features like that. I also really want an SD Card. It's really necessary when recording lots of videos.

As for Glance, I actually don't think I will buy another WP without it unless there is truly no choice in the matter.

Nokia should have just popped for the better screen... I doubt it would have been more than 10 or 20 bucks.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Nokia should have just popped for the better screen... I doubt it would have been more than 10 or 20 bucks.

Even if it was $50 more I would rather pay that, then have a $600+ supposed flagship without key features from my existing device.

Nokia should have just made a $700+ phone with an SD card slot and proper screen with glance, and not come out with a crippled phone.

Starrbuck

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Oh well, when I get my next Verizon Edge phone, maybe it'll have Glance. The Icon will be wonderful for the next 6 months to a year til I feel like upgrading. :-D

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I missed Glance for a bit... about a day or so... then I didn't miss it anymore. The Icon has so much more to offer...

Same here, it was a nice feature on my 928 and used it constantly. But after I got my Icon I missed it for about 1 or two days, now I don't miss it at all. I'd rather have a 1080p phone with no glance. Plus I use awesome lock for my lock screen and it's not soooo bad to have to press a button.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3