Not quite sure about getting Icon

LumiaIcon

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Switched to Verizon from T-Mobile. Picked up the new HTC one, but I was also eyeing the Icon. I like the one, and am used to android, but the stellar camera of the Icon is a draw for me. (As is 8.1 fixing a lot of my niggles with WP) Both have great build quality, design, and specs, so I can't decide if I want to exchange. Any thoughts?

I made the switch from Android (HTC One) to the Icon and absolutely love the phone. You will not be disappointed. Yes, the camera is night and day better.

JHBThree

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm just going to keep the icon. Att next is a rip off compared to verizons, so I'll deal with the extra $10 a month in payment.

Sent from my RM-927_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

LumiaIcon

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm just going to keep the icon. Att next is a rip off compared to verizons, so I'll deal with the extra $10 a month in payment.

Good idea. I have nothing against "phablets" but the 1520 seems really large. When you look at the Note 3 everyone always mentions how small it is for the screen size, where those that I know with the 1520 get the proverbial "what the heck is that ... Is that a phone?"

JHBThree

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Good idea. I have nothing against "phablets" but the 1520 seems really large. When you look at the Note 3 everyone always mentions how small it is for the screen size, where those that I know with the 1520 get the proverbial "what the heck is that ... Is that a phone?"

I think I would just feel to awkward using it. Definitely not worth it.

JHBThree

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Oh, and the reviews for the S5 are validating my choice. Almost decided to wait for it, but now I'm good with my choice. (I still might edge up when Verizon gets a 32 gig S5 though)

maflynn

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
The more I use my Icon the more I like it. The phone is not perfect, but then no phone is, but it has a lot going for it. I recommend this over google, just for the sake of getting off Google's services

JHBThree

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Random question for those who have it: do your screens have any variations with dark spots? The right half side of my screen seems to have a slight darker shade to it. (or vice versa, the left side is slightly brighter) I can't tell if its part of the os though, because when the screen ramps up brightness under sunlight it goes away.

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Random question for those who have it: do your screens have any variations with dark spots? The right half side of my screen seems to have a slight darker shade to it. (or vice versa, the left side is slightly brighter) I can't tell if its part of the os though, because when the screen ramps up brightness under sunlight it goes away.

No

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

Your comment is interesting. I don't have anything against "phablets" either and never considered them as something "for me" but now that I've been with the Icon (could we call it a mini phablet?) for a month and a half I'm noticing how it's taking the place of my tablet. I read more of the news on my Icon than I did my 928. I watch more TV on it. I play more games on it. My Surface is now relegated to work and projects I want/need to handle in detail on a larger screen. I'm really beginning to see the draw to "phablets" as I don't tend to talk on the phone (at least with it to my ear considering how much I use Bluetooth in my car) as much as I use it for other stuff. Anyway...just rambling.

As for the OP...get the Icon. If you like Windows Phone you won't be disappointed.

savagelizards

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Your comment is interesting. I don't have anything against "phablets" either and never considered them as something "for me" but now that I've been with the Icon (could we call it a mini phablet?) for a month and a half I'm noticing how it's taking the place of my tablet. I read more of the news on my Icon than I did my 928. I watch more TV on it. I play more games on it. My Surface is now relegated to work and projects I want/need to handle in detail on a larger screen. I'm really beginning to see the draw to "phablets" as I don't tend to talk on the phone (at least with it to my ear considering how much I use Bluetooth in my car) as much as I use it for other stuff. Anyway...just rambling.

As for the OP...get the Icon. If you like Windows Phone you won't be disappointed.

I agree with that observation.

I don't see the Icons' screen as huge by any means, but the combination of the crisp full 1080p display and Bing's news reader finds me spending longer on my phone reading news when I wake up. Before I would have headed downstairs to grab my Surface Pro off the charger.

The screen (and as a result, the keyboard) is my favorite thing about the Icon.

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Switched to Verizon from T-Mobile. Picked up the new HTC one, but I was also eyeing the Icon. I like the one, and am used to android, but the stellar camera of the Icon is a draw for me. (As is 8.1 fixing a lot of my niggles with WP) Both have great build quality, design, and specs, so I can't decide if I want to exchange. Any thoughts?

How is the battery life on the Icon vs the M8?

mistaclark

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I just got the Icon last night and love it so far. As far as the battery, its been off the charger since around 7am (its 2:15 now) and I'm at 61% with lowish usage.

Does anyone know of a great looking game in 1080p to really see this screen shine? Free is preferable, but not required.

Thanks,

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I just got the Icon last night and love it so far. As far as the battery, its been off the charger since around 7am (its 2:15 now) and I'm at 61% with lowish usage.

Does anyone know of a great looking game in 1080p to really see this screen shine? Free is preferable, but not required.

Thanks,

Asphalt 8 - not sure it's 1080p but it looks fantastic on the Icon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo