Double tap to wake.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Ugh I know he only had the 930 for a little while but still he could not have done a better job at making wp look like an ugly mess...

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
The 930 isn't getting Glance, but double tap to wake is on every Lumia phone, soon to be each Windows Phone though (in 8.1). :)

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Oh wow, thats brilliant to see! Phew, that was the one worry i had, i use double tap to wake all the time (i couldnt care less about glance tbh, never use it on my 920)

Hakkim Nadapuram

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExditMqAl9I

Was watching the above video comparing the NL930 and the HTC One M8 and noticed that at the ~3:45 mark he mentions how both phones have double tap to wake. He than shows it working on the 930. I thought we weren't getting this feature? Is there hope?

My Lumia 1320 Now has Double tap to wake up option.
I never made it on because it consumes more power. For this feature screen will be always on and wait for getting double tap.
Its great feature but no more practicable

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia 1320 Now has Double tap to wake up option.
I never made it on because it consumes more power. For this feature screen will be always on and wait for getting double tap.
Its great feature but no more practicable

Try it out, it doesn't actually consume that much more power in terms of having it off. I have it on always on my 920 with no noticeable drain. :)

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I am fairly certain that double tap to wake is coming to all Windows Phones as a Microsoft update. I don't remember if it is from 8.1 or just another future update. The only reason double tap to wake isn't on the Icon is because Nokia has it tied to Glance, which the Icon can not handle.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Chinese and Korean....always the same :D..probably stolen patent :D

Actually Nokia is pretty liberal with the licensing of the patent for double tap. LG has it, Sony has it, HTC now has it, even Jolla has it. It's becoming pretty standard and rightfully so. I always found the double-tap to wake way more useful and helpful that the Glance screen. Actually, it's the reason I won't use Glance. No need. I just double tap and look at the time along with a pretty picture.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Actually Nokia is pretty liberal with the licensing of the patent for double tap. LG has it, Sony has it, HTC now has it, even Jolla has it. It's becoming pretty standard and rightfully so. I always found the double-tap to wake way more useful and helpful that the Glance screen. Actually, it's the reason I won't use Glance. No need. I just double tap and look at the time along with a pretty picture.

Why not both? :D

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Why not both? :D

Well, not only the sensor keeps bringing up the clock (I always have the phone near me), I find Glance disruptive with the clock always moving around. I rather double tap to see lockscreen. It also gives me more info than Glance so I never found a real need for it. It's a cool feature and I know many people love it (enough to be a deal breaker for the 930. My deal breaker is the lack of an SD slot). I personally don't have much use for it =P

final_fantasy781

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Uhh, every time... Oh well, maybe Double Tab to Wake (and Glance) will be available for my Icon once WP8.1 is available.

Good find on the video and information.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss