Double tap to wake.

techgeek32#WN

Jul 11, 2008
Visit site
Double Tap will. Glance won't. There's some problem with the type of screen used in the 929/930. Nokia is trying to figure out a way around the limitation but nothing yet.
Daniel wrote an article about it.

I have an Icon with 8.1 installed and no double tap to wake.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I hope so. I wonder if we will get cyan before gdr1 on dev preview.

depends on your carrier, could be this month or could be in 2 months before cyan is rolled out, so I think gdr1 for dev will come to most before cyan, unless ms include cyan in the gdr1 update.

JanBoob

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 930 for past week. Great phone. 8.1 and cyan installed. dttw was working up until yesterday, but now isn't running. I don't think I've changed any settings, but very annoying now that it is not working. Anybody any ideas how to resolve? Option has been switched on and off, phone has been on and off, battery saver switched off, touch sensitivity reduced and increased.

JanBoob

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
and just as I post it starts working again..... no changes made, but i did swipe down from top of screen when locked.... strange.

Flying Sq

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Double Tap will. Glance won't. There's some problem with the type of screen used in the 929/930. Nokia is trying to figure out a way around the limitation but nothing yet.
Daniel wrote an article about it.
Thank you for the info, I was debating on upgrading to an Icon from a 928, and I love glance. It sits on my desk and doesn't constantly pop up, and just being able to barely pull it out of my pocket to check the time without having to find a button, or just waving my hand over my phone to get time, emails, texts, etc, etc is extremely convenient.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss