Loving my Icon. But am surprised that my Icon didn't come with the instruction manual. There is a downloadable 102-page PDF from the Nokia site, but I think for the premium phone it is, it should've come with a hard copy. The quick start guide is as bare bones as the typical quick start guide is. I know the instruction manual is dying but premium will always be premium and it's the little touches that say premium.

Luckily I had some Windows Phone experience because of my 521. But if a brand new person was coming from iOS or Android, it would've been nice to have the manual.

That said, the instruction manual is one of the more extensive ones out there, covering a lot of Windows Phone, including Office and other features. I kind of disagree with some of the instructions but that's another issue.

Anyway, my Skinomi comes tomorrow. Excited about that.
    04-06-2014 12:44 AM
    I don't think many smartphones come with paper manuals anymore. When I got the Nokia Lumia 900 in 2012, it did not include a paper manual. Apple doesn't include paper manuals in iPhone boxes either.
    04-06-2014 12:51 AM
    Because it's more economical for manufacturers to have you download the manuals...

Nokia Lumia Icon - Support, Updates, Downloads and User Guides, Troubleshooting - Nokia - USA
    aximtreo likes this.
    04-06-2014 02:50 AM
    Did you tap on the tile on the front page with the "i" or open the Nokia Care app. This is a very good user guide for both the Icon and Windows Phone.
    Starrbuck and onlysublime like this.
    04-06-2014 06:03 AM
    haven't used the Nokia Care app. so many Nokia apps to try out!

I'm still trying to figure out what are the best lens/imaging apps out there. There's so many!
    04-06-2014 01:01 PM
    I don't think many smartphones come with paper manuals anymore. When I got the Nokia Lumia 900 in 2012, it did not include a paper manual. Apple doesn't include paper manuals in iPhone boxes either.
    Mine did. I never opened it though. I've never found them too helpful, at least Verizon's anyway.
    04-06-2014 05:35 PM
    There are 3 main reasons why phones don't come with manuals anymore.
    1. 95% of users never touched it
    2. It would be bigger than the box for the phone itself.
    3. Say you buy the phone after the 8.1/Cyan update rolls out. Your manual is useless because so much would be different.

So as everyone else has said. Much more economical and practical to make a digital copy available online that can be easily changed with each new software update.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-06-2014 09:40 PM