Kik app not working on my ICON

DeathByPlant

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Kik was working about 3 or 4 days ago, then it just stopped. It started with it giving me multiple notifications for one message, then it wouldn't receive any messages. I then proceeded to log out of my kik account and uninstall it with a soft reset. When I tried signing back into my account it keeps giving me "Log in failed because it is taking too long to retrieve contacts, please check your connection and try again". I have tried everything, not using wifi, turning the wifi back on, resetting my device, using a different wifi signal, NOTHING WORKS. If anyone has any suggestion please tell me.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Kik Messenger for wp has a lot of bugs....you need to uninstall it....and Install it again and don't mess with the phone while it's logging in....and as far as notifications.....never tap on the new kik message notification....it somehow messes with the app and the app stops working....don't stop in between while your updating your profile picture too....Kik has unfortunately stopped developing for wp, it's been ages since we last got an update :(

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
oh damn! I forgot Icon doesn't have SD card....and clearly you don't have a dev preview phone :/ you can hard reset your phone but I don't think it's worth all the hype

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I hate to not really be constructive, but KiK on WP is really bad. Try to get a few close friends onto LINE, or WeChat. Those apps are *much* better. However they don't have as large an install base in the US.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo