List of apps incompatible with Lumia Icon

TheCodeFiend

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I just moved from a Lumia 822 to a Lumia Icon. Love the screen!

Unfortunately there are apps that worked on my 822 that the Store won't even let me install on my Icon. I get the error, "This app is not available for your device." Even more concerning, two of them are Nokia apps!

Here are the apps I've noticed so far. I'll add more as I find them. Feel free to add to the list.

Nokia QR
HERE City Lens
UC Browser

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
THis is usually a hardware or regional issue so if it's not compatible now you should hope and pray it will be soon :p one of the features i want on my 925 (for example) is the stepcounter of the 1520, but it just isn't compatible with my device

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
THis is usually a hardware or regional issue so if it's not compatible now you should hope and pray it will be soon :p one of the features i want on my 925 (for example) is the stepcounter of the 1520, but it just isn't compatible with my device
The 1520 and Icon seem to have a special chip (is it the sensor core?) for the step counter. I highly doubt the 920, 928 or 925 are going to get it

I think Here City Lens is dead as a stand alone all, its actually now a part of Here Maps, its one of the "Layers" called LiveSight. Works on my Icon

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
The 1520 and Icon seem to have a special chip (is it the sensor core?) for the step counter. I highly doubt the 920, 928 or 925 are going to get it

I think Here City Lens is dead as a stand alone all, its actually now a part of Here Maps, its one of the "Layers" called LiveSight. Works on my Icon

yes indeed they have a special chip and if I remember correctly the icon is the smaller version of the 1520 right? That would explain it...

I got rid off the Here City lense.. Livesight gives you the same so it wasn't necessary, but I didn't know they were the same

TheCodeFiend

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
So QR is dead, and City Lens functionality can be found elsewhere. Thank you for the information!

Unfortunately, my phone is still rejecting apps that work on at least one other ICON. So, would anyone else be willing to try to install UC Browser or City Lens on theirs to see what happens?

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
UC Browser downloaded fine, the Here City Lens in the store is not for WP8, appears to only be for WP 7 devices. On WP8 its part of Here Maps

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb