Nokia Icon Working on T-Mobile LTE - Settings Inside

Harmdizzle

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
can anyone that uses the icon on tmobile chime in? i can get everything to work except for MMS. any APN input would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Harmdizzle

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
i used epc.tmobile.com for the mms along with http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc as the mmsc and the proxy i put 216.155.165.50 and proxy port i put 80 ... switching fast.t-mobile.com to epc.tmobile.com and using that proxy is what got mms working for me, havent had it fail in a while...

venumx - could you either post or PM me all of your apn settings? even what you have in settings/cellular + sim/sim settings. i have the epc.tmobile.com apn setting, but i can only send MMS and not receive. when i try adding the proxy and proxy port, MMS can't send or receive.

thanks!

jesseric

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I just bought the Nokia Lumia Icon today and very excited to use it, everything was working well, and all of a sudden I couldn't send anymore txt messages, and of course I couldn't receive any MMS messages either. The sms was actually working fine, I was in the middle of a txt with my friend, and all of a sudden, it kept saying it couldn't send anymore. I tried to put the mms settings in, but there was no other option to add any MMS settings anywhere on that screen. It was only the APN for internet. I'm doing a hard reset now, hopefully something will work. Any suggestions on the sms and mms thing?

jesseric

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
update: So I donwloaded the Nokia access point app and I got the sms to work, but it only works when there is no signal bar, when it shows up 3G it doesn't receive. And MMS still does not work. Any suggestions??!! I really like the phone, and I text a lot, so any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I wonder if things would work better on T-Mobile on a Lumia 930 than on the Icon. No LTE, but everything else should be smoother.

Vmartinez39

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
i used epc.tmobile.com for the mms along with http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc as the mmsc and the proxy i put 216.155.165.50 and proxy port i put 80 ... switching fast.t-mobile.com to epc.tmobile.com and using that proxy is what got mms working for me, havent had it fail in a while...

I was at the new Microsoft Store that opened at the mall. I finally got to see the Icon. Its a really nice phone. I opted to get the T-Mobile 635. I have a Lumia 928 and around May, my MMS just stopped working. I really really wish MMS worked on my 928 but out of frustration is why I got the 635.

Going to try your settings on my 928, crossing my fingers that it works. I do want to get the Icon now that its more affordable.

chillywilly_69

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Question for the OP - How is your phone holding up so far with those settings any issues? Any changes since GDR1?

Also the APN settings on the first post are missing a dash "-" should be fast.t-mobile.com (don't forget the dash)

Anyone else have any success getting their Icons to work on T-Mobile?

Curtis Guider

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I am using the Nokia Lumia 929 (Icon) on T-Mobile USA, Doe's anyone have any fully working. MMS/Internet Settings.

By using the settings on the first page, I can not receive MMS. I can send MMS, send/receive sms, I'm sure Internet works. But I can't receive any MMS.

I am on the Dev Preview.

OS Version: 8.1.0.14157.200

Any help would be appreciated.

Kasey Pierce

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Ha, my icon shows a dead connection symbol from time to time and im on Verizon. I think more or less that's just an issue with the phone itself :)

shawnmos

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone gotten SMS to work properly yet? I have gotten everything else to work properly including MMS and internet sharing but SMS still does not work on 3G. It works fine on LTE or if I disable cellular data. Hoping to find a permanent fix.

Generalheed

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Does this still work on Windows 10 Mobile? I've read that some people were able to get this working without even having to change the APN settings. What's the most up to date and simplest method for getting my Lumia Icon to work on T-Mobile?

Generalheed

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Ok I finally got the chance to try it myself on my Icon. I'm running the latest Windows 10 Mobile release build .103 I think. Calling and texting work great for me, however I cannot get the internet to work. The Nokia access point app is not available for Windows 10 it seems and therefore I can't enter all the settings that were described in the original post. Anybody else manage to figure out how to get internet to work on Windows 10?

EDIT: Nevermind, after letting the phone sit for half an hour, it just magically started working. It works great now in fact although LTE is a rare thing to have, but H+ works fine and is fast enough for my needs at the moment.

Last edited:

Galway 77

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Ok I finally got the chance to try it myself on my Icon. I'm running the latest Windows 10 Mobile release build .103 I think. Calling and texting work great for me, however I cannot get the internet to work. The Nokia access point app is not available for Windows 10 it seems and therefore I can't enter all the settings that were described in the original post. Anybody else manage to figure out how to get internet to work on Windows 10?

EDIT: Nevermind, after letting the phone sit for half an hour, it just magically started working. It works great now in fact although LTE is a rare thing to have, but H+ works fine and is fast enough for my needs at the moment.

I have a lumia icon I got to try windows 10. I use it on wifi, but I'm thinking of switching to tmobile and was wondering if you had to change anything to get it working on tmobile or just insert a Sim? Your the most recent post, and was wondering with Windows 10, as most of the posts are from 2 years ago. Thanks for any info!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

wp8-1

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I set up my icon on t-mobile today. All I did was throw in the sim card and it works fine. Only problem Is I can't receive picture messages. If you could help with that it would be great. I haven't updated it to win 10 and don't plan on it until I find a way to solve issues as well.

Galway 77

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I set up my icon on t-mobile today. All I did was throw in the sim card and it works fine. Only problem Is I can't receive picture messages. If you could help with that it would be great. I haven't updated it to win 10 and don't plan on it until I find a way to solve issues as well.

I was wondering if the problem with picture messages include whatapp and Facebook messenger also or just regular text messages?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

skiboysteve

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by wp8-1

Check out my post on this same forum. I had the same exact issue but I fixed it in that thread. I'd link it but I'm in the w10 app and there is no support for that. Just go look for my mms post in the icon forums. It's near the top

skiboysteve

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by skiboysteve
Originally posted by wp8-1

Check out my post on this same forum. I had the same exact issue but I fixed it in that thread. I'd link it but I'm in the w10 app and there is no support for that. Just go look for my mms post in the icon forums. It's near the top

It's here http://forums.windowscentral.com//nokia-lumia-icon/430966-how-set-lumia-icon-mms-apn.html

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre