tips on macro?

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to the Icon (just got it a couple of weeks ago).

what I'm wondering about is macro shots. it seems like I can't have the camera too close to take a sharp picture. which is weird because I tap on the screen to focus it, it becomes extremely sharp for a split second, but then when it's done focusing, it's blurry again. and the only way to solve the blurriness is to pull the camera further away and then refocus. am I doing something wrong here?

diego15nets

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
When you have the camera app open, click on the three dots to bring up photo settings. For scenes choose close-up. See if that helps. I know the camera app will be getting updates in 8.1, hopefully they add the option to change modes without going inside of settings.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I thought the Refocus app is to pick a DOF on an already sharp picture to choose what to focus and what to blur?

The program can fix a blurry picture?

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
When you have the camera app open, click on the three dots to bring up photo settings. For scenes choose close-up. See if that helps. I know the camera app will be getting updates in 8.1, hopefully they add the option to change modes without going inside of settings.

when I click the 3 dots to bring up settings, under pictures, it says (for the options):
focus assist light, framing grids, aspect ratio, capture mode, face tracking, and photo review. I don't see a scenes setting

okay, I see. the option is available under the regular Camera app, not the Nokia Camera app. Is the regular camera just as good as nokia camera?

rcazador

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
when I click the 3 dots to bring up settings, under pictures, it says (for the options):
focus assist light, framing grids, aspect ratio, capture mode, face tracking, and photo review. I don't see a scenes setting

okay, I see. the option is available under the regular Camera app, not the Nokia Camera app. Is the regular camera just as good as nokia camera?

Worry not you have the manual focus option even in Nokia Camera. Launch the so. On the top centre you'll see three icons and an arrow. Click the arrow. The third or fourth icon from the right (in the same top centre area) is the manual focus option. It looks like a square inside a circle. Touch it and a new control that let's you set the focus appears. Now you can set the focus for you macro shots. Also you can set the manual focus at the closest point and then move your phone back or forward until the picture is sharp.

Do note the settings under the photo app let you set the default camera app. Right now Nokia's is better but with the new windows phone update Microsoft camera may well surpass it.

Regarding refocus, it can't fix blurry photos but any photo taken with it can be adjusted to choose which portion is blurry and which isn't.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Worry not you have the manual focus option even in Nokia Camera. Launch the so. On the top centre you'll see three icons and an arrow. Click the arrow. The third or fourth icon from the right (in the same top centre area) is the manual focus option. It looks like a square inside a circle. Touch it and a new control that let's you set the focus appears. Now you can set the focus for you macro shots. Also you can set the manual focus at the closest point and then move your phone back or forward until the picture is sharp.

Do note the settings under the photo app let you set the default camera app. Right now Nokia's is better but with the new windows phone update Microsoft camera may well surpass it.

Regarding refocus, it can't fix blurry photos but any photo taken with it can be adjusted to choose which portion is blurry and which isn't.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Thanks for the reminder! In had forgotten about manual focus.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077