Do you miss Glance?

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm salivating over the Icon, am considering switching from AT&T for it and dropping my 920. However, no Glance seems real disappointing. Those who had Glance and now don't, do you miss it?

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm salivating over the Icon, am considering switching from AT&T for it and dropping my 920. However, no Glance seems real disappointing. Those who had Glance and now don't, do you miss it?

Tried it for a while and didn't like it. Went back to having it show pics from my social media, calendar and toasts for specific mailboxes.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't consider it being a deal breaker in a phone. Lack of MicroSD and/or bad internal storage is more annoying than having no Glance.

I own a 920 on AT&T, and I'm disappointed in the new devices, as they aren't as big of an update as I wanted. I'm going to hold on to my 920 until I find a worthy successor. And that's not the 930.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I had glance on my 928 and I miss it, but the speed and screen on the Icon override it. I also miss double-tap to wake, but that is supposed to come with 8.1

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The more I've used the Icon, the more I realize that's not glance that I miss. It's the combination of Glance & Double Tap to Wake. I think that the lack of the latter is what's really hurting me. I just hate constantly hitting the power button. I am really hoping that it comes with WP8.1. If it doesn't, I hope that it comes with Lumia Cyan.

And I really wish WPCentral would confirm either way.

Jowarman

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I miss it just using my friends phones! I always find myself double tapping their Android phones. It's one reason why I don't want to upgrade my Lumia 925. :/

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I don't have icon but 928 and I think that would be very difficult for me not to have it. 1st it shows me time 2nd it shows lockscreen notifications..from a distance)), so I don't have to pick it up and press power button to check either of them) Thank you Nokia!

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

Nope. I have what is called a watch to tell time. I use the desktop mode on my DT-910 on my night stand at night, and during the day, it's rather simple to press the power button to see notifications. When I had my 928, I used Glance; but within a day or so of getting my Icon, I stopped missing it.

Last edited:

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
The more I've used the Icon, the more I realize that's not glance that I miss. It's the combination of Glance & Double Tap to Wake. I think that the lack of the latter is what's really hurting me. I just hate constantly hitting the power button. I am really hoping that it comes with WP8.1. If it doesn't, I hope that it comes with Lumia Cyan.

And I really wish WPCentral would confirm either way.

agree 100%. wouldn't be such a problem if there were a hardware button on the surface of the phone (like a Samsung or fruit phone), but squeezing the side is annoying

assistman

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
agree 100%. wouldn't be such a problem if there were a hardware button on the surface of the phone (like a Samsung or fruit phone), but squeezing the side is annoying

I agree...one quick fix I did is install the Power Tiles app and put a small power tile on the left side, middle of my home screen for turning the phone off. Hopefully Icon will get at least double tap, then I'll be pretty happy not ever using the physical button. Would still like Glance however!

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I agree...one quick fix I did is install the Power Tiles app and put a small power tile on the left side, middle of my home screen for turning the phone off. Hopefully Icon will get at least double tap, then I'll be pretty happy not ever using the physical button. Would still like Glance however!

I was doing the same, but now the app seems to have been broken with the wp8.1 update. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I am getting a ICON tomorrow... I will admit, on my 928, I loved Glance, I liked swiping my hand in front of the screen to get the time. It was quick and simple....

I guess I will have to get a smartwatch or put a battery in my old watch and start wearing it :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium