I'm salivating over the Icon, am considering switching from AT&T for it and dropping my 920. However, no Glance seems real disappointing. Those who had Glance and now don't, do you miss it?
    04-13-2014 05:14 PM
    I'm salivating over the Icon, am considering switching from AT&T for it and dropping my 920. However, no Glance seems real disappointing. Those who had Glance and now don't, do you miss it?
    Tried it for a while and didn't like it. Went back to having it show pics from my social media, calendar and toasts for specific mailboxes.
    04-13-2014 05:33 PM
    I have glance and I don't use it :/
    04-13-2014 05:34 PM
    I wouldn't consider it being a deal breaker in a phone. Lack of MicroSD and/or bad internal storage is more annoying than having no Glance.

I own a 920 on AT&T, and I'm disappointed in the new devices, as they aren't as big of an update as I wanted. I'm going to hold on to my 920 until I find a worthy successor. And that's not the 930.
    DavidinCT likes this.
    04-13-2014 05:38 PM
    I had glance on my 928 and I miss it, but the speed and screen on the Icon override it. I also miss double-tap to wake, but that is supposed to come with 8.1
    04-13-2014 05:43 PM
    The more I've used the Icon, the more I realize that's not glance that I miss. It's the combination of Glance & Double Tap to Wake. I think that the lack of the latter is what's really hurting me. I just hate constantly hitting the power button. I am really hoping that it comes with WP8.1. If it doesn't, I hope that it comes with Lumia Cyan.

And I really wish WPCentral would confirm either way.
    04-13-2014 05:45 PM
    I miss it just using my friends phones! I always find myself double tapping their Android phones. It's one reason why I don't want to upgrade my Lumia 925. :/
    04-13-2014 06:07 PM
    The double tap is the only thing I still use.
    04-13-2014 06:15 PM
    I don't have icon but 928 and I think that would be very difficult for me not to have it. 1st it shows me time 2nd it shows lockscreen notifications..from a distance)), so I don't have to pick it up and press power button to check either of them) Thank you Nokia!
    04-13-2014 06:18 PM
    Nope. I have what is called a watch to tell time. I use the desktop mode on my DT-910 on my night stand at night, and during the day, it's rather simple to press the power button to see notifications. When I had my 928, I used Glance; but within a day or so of getting my Icon, I stopped missing it.
    Last edited by Timothy Gernert; 04-13-2014 at 07:26 PM.
    04-13-2014 06:20 PM
    I was going to switch from ATT for that phone until it was announced that there's no glance. Deal breaker for me.
    04-13-2014 06:25 PM
    Nope. It'd be nice but there's so many other features I enjoy so I don't miss it at all.
    04-13-2014 08:24 PM
    The more I've used the Icon, the more I realize that's not glance that I miss. It's the combination of Glance & Double Tap to Wake. I think that the lack of the latter is what's really hurting me. I just hate constantly hitting the power button. I am really hoping that it comes with WP8.1. If it doesn't, I hope that it comes with Lumia Cyan.

And I really wish WPCentral would confirm either way.
    agree 100%. wouldn't be such a problem if there were a hardware button on the surface of the phone (like a Samsung or fruit phone), but squeezing the side is annoying
    04-13-2014 08:57 PM
    agree 100%. wouldn't be such a problem if there were a hardware button on the surface of the phone (like a Samsung or fruit phone), but squeezing the side is annoying
    I agree...one quick fix I did is install the Power Tiles app and put a small power tile on the left side, middle of my home screen for turning the phone off. Hopefully Icon will get at least double tap, then I'll be pretty happy not ever using the physical button. Would still like Glance however!
    04-14-2014 07:49 AM
    I agree...one quick fix I did is install the Power Tiles app and put a small power tile on the left side, middle of my home screen for turning the phone off. Hopefully Icon will get at least double tap, then I'll be pretty happy not ever using the physical button. Would still like Glance however!
    I was doing the same, but now the app seems to have been broken with the wp8.1 update. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.
    04-14-2014 03:33 PM
    I am getting a ICON tomorrow... I will admit, on my 928, I loved Glance, I liked swiping my hand in front of the screen to get the time. It was quick and simple....

I guess I will have to get a smartwatch or put a battery in my old watch and start wearing it :/
    04-14-2014 07:26 PM