Thinking of getting a Nokia Lumia icon

xDayan

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Well I'm thinking of getting a icon, but I've gotten really used to 8.1, in the last few days, I'm currently using 520 on prepaid but my job gives a discount on Verizon, so I was going to switch, but not having 8.1 for a while would suck * inserts south park reference here* so yeah I had a few questions of you don't mind answering

How quickly do updates come to Windows phone devices on version?
Also, how's the battery life on the icon, I personally read the news, watch a few YouTube videos a day, and text maybe like 10 times a day, and maybe play a few emulator games (the 520 lags a little too much for some of the games I really like to play) just want to make sure I can make it through a average day.
Also, hows the speed on the version network? I live near Olympia, Washington for reference.
And is there anything really important about the icon I should know about?

Thanks guys
xDayan

Sent from my Nokia 520 with Tapatalk

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
The battery life is solid, but not amazing. I am in NYC, so coverage is good, but I've had a bunch of problems with the developer preview. Basically, when I updated the battery life became terrible, wifi and cell reception plummeted and the phone would get very hot. It felt like something wasn't working properly on the phone and caused the processor to keep running, but a hard reset didn't fix it,so I rolled back to 8.0 and the immediately updated to 8.1 and it solved all the problems except wifi reception still needs some firmware work.

Overall, the camera is amazing, and its the best phone I have ever owned (and I have owned a lot, including iPhone 5s, HTC One, Lumia 920, etc). You could also consider the ATIV SE, as people seem to like that as well and it has a bigger battery

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
and it's an ounce lighter. and it can take an SD card. and it has a hardware windows button so you don't have to squeeze the side button to turn it on. and, and, and.

if I weren't in love with the Nokia optics I'd bolt in a second.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
and it's an ounce lighter. and it can take an SD card. and it has a hardware windows button so you don't have to squeeze the side button to turn it on. and, and, and.

if I weren't in love with the Nokia optics I'd bolt in a second.

Huh?

and to the OP bet you won't do it.

MazoMark

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been an Icon owner for almost a month and recommend it highly. Screen is outstanding, processor speed great, great camera. My battery life is solid, typically running 20+ hours on moderate use. The only negative on phone is no Glance support. As long as that's not a deal breaker for you, go for it!

kencaz

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Well I'm thinking of getting a icon, but I've gotten really used to 8.1, in the last few days, I'm currently using 520 on prepaid but my job gives a discount on Verizon, so I was going to switch, but not having 8.1 for a while would suck * inserts south park reference here* so yeah I had a few questions of you don't mind answering

[SNIP]

Thanks guys
xDayan

Sent from my Nokia 520 with Tapatalk

I was thinking of upgrading my 928 to the Icon but was worried that I could not get the preview 8.1 if I did. Does anyone know if you can push the update on the new phone if you had setup an dev account with the earlier phone? I really would not upgrade yet if I could not get 8.1...

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Sorry. I meant that pushing the 8.1 developer preview onto a new Icon would not be a problem. 😉

Sent from Lumia Icon using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05