07-27-2015 11:31 PM
27 12
tools
    I remember reading a while back that people were using sugar cubes to remove logo's from devices. I've seen it mentioned a few places like How to remove Logos from your PDA / cell phone with sugar : The Utensils:

The nokia logo doesn't bother me, but the verizon logo on the front glass is annoying, and wanted to know if anyone had tried to make it go away?
    04-22-2014 10:54 AM
    I've seen it maybe a dozen times in the time I've owned the phone. Mostly when I reboot due to an upgrade. Never thought about messing with it honestly.
    04-22-2014 11:04 AM
    Seems risky to me... Sounds like recipe for a bunch of scratches on the glass.
    04-22-2014 11:58 AM
    Sorry, I thought you meant the logo screen when you boot the device. I didn't even think you would want to remove the physical logo.
    Stevew407 likes this.
    04-22-2014 01:01 PM
    I remember reading a while back that people were using sugar cubes to remove logo's from devices. I've seen it mentioned a few places like How to remove Logos from your PDA / cell phone with sugar : The Utensils:

The nokia logo doesn't bother me, but the verizon logo on the front glass is annoying, and wanted to know if anyone had tried to make it go away?
    Don't do it. Those instructions are 8 years old when the logos of phones and PDAs were on the plastic housing and not on the glass itself. You try that on your Icon and all you will get is a scratched phone.
    jleebiker and xandros9 like this.
    04-22-2014 01:12 PM
    Not worth it, I figure anything I do will only make it look worse. At this point, I don't even notice it.
    DavidinCT likes this.
    04-22-2014 02:29 PM
    Ok, great! Thanks for the feedback. I'll look past it!
    04-22-2014 03:08 PM
    Would be better to sell it and get a 930 when it comes out :-)
    04-23-2014 03:49 PM
    Would be better to sell it and get a 930 when it comes out :-)
    I believe for intents and purposes the 930 is the world wide version of the Icon, so you may not be able to get the 930, i.e., 930 will be available world wide, and the 929 (Icon) for the US
    04-24-2014 07:46 AM
    The logo is under the glass and I assume you would have to replace that part with one from the 930 to get rid of it. The sugar or salt method worked on older phones but not this one.

Sent from my RM-927_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk
    04-24-2014 09:14 PM
    I don't know why the Verizon logo on the top left bothers some people.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!
    04-29-2014 11:12 PM
    I think it has a thing about not liking your provider, but being stuck because it is the only one that gets reception in your area? Or at least not wanting to give out free advertising. Like why would someone pay to have a pizza place logo on their shirts? Your a walking billboard for the place and not collecting any money for it. Plus you had to PAY more for the shirt then you would have for a plain shirt.
    04-30-2014 05:57 AM
    Exactly. I purchased this phone. Nokia made this phone. Microsoft made the operating system that runs on the phone. Verizon is nothing more than the network that I choose to use the phone on. Why should I have to look at this Verizon logo every time I look at my phone?

I don't care too much, I hardly notice it anymore. But it's the principle of the thing.
    04-30-2014 11:04 AM
    i'd be much more interested in removing the Verizon/4g logo on the back of my white icon, if anyone has experience doing that. I was thinking maybe lightly sanding it with one of those magic eraser sponges
    04-30-2014 01:47 PM
    i'd be much more interested in removing the Verizon/4g logo on the back of my white icon, if anyone has experience doing that. I was thinking maybe lightly sanding it with one of those magic eraser sponges
    So not worth the risk...

The material on the back is a ceramic matte material. It would probably just end up making that area glossy.
    04-30-2014 02:19 PM
    I covered the logos on the back of my white Icon with surgical tape...lol
    jleebiker likes this.
    05-03-2014 10:22 AM
    I covered the logos on the back of my white Icon with surgical tape...lol
    Hah! Picture please?
    05-05-2014 04:00 PM
    The logos on the back of the 928 rubs off from regular use. My GF's white they are completely gone, and my black one is almost gone. on the screen idk if i would eff with that :P
    05-05-2014 04:13 PM
    The logos on the back of the 928 rubs off from regular use. My GF's white they are completely gone, and my black one is almost gone. on the screen idk if i would eff with that :P
    The Icon has a very different finish. I doubt it would rub off... I would certainly hope not...
    05-05-2014 04:15 PM
    I guess that is where I don't get it since I like Verizon and look at the screen instead of the logos.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!
    05-05-2014 09:26 PM
    a small chisel and tiny hammer should work fine, let us know how you make out.
    gernerttl likes this.
    05-05-2014 09:57 PM
    I am talking or looking for or about the logo screen. I have left Verizon and my supposedsupposedly unlocked phone still has that every time I turn on and also having issues with changing carriers.
    07-27-2015 07:50 AM
    The Verizon logo in the boot up screen is baked into the phones programing software. Probably only way to get rid of it or change would be some sort of root if at all possible. Not even worth the chance of messing up the phone for that.

Im guessing your using the Icon with a GSM carrier like AT&T or T-Mobile? Or on a mvno like me?

Who cares anyway....its just a flash screen on boot up right?..........
    07-27-2015 09:10 AM
    Thanks - it is just a matter of principle for me. Hate to advertise for a company that is working that way. Thanks for the reply. Also, the phone isn't working correctly at times too. You are right I am on t-mobile. What is mvno? I am trying to learn more about all this stuff and my options too.
    07-27-2015 06:40 PM
    Well....basically you purchased a phone designed to work on Verizon's network as it is a Verizon CDMA phone. But it can also run on ATT or Tmobile networks because it has the radios inside to do so.

Your only other choice would be to get a non-Verizon branded phone to use on Tmobile if you do not want to look at that splash screen or the logo under the glass and on the back.

Its kind of like you brought a subway sandwich into a mcdonalds and put a few quarter pounder paddies inside that subway sandwich....but its still a subway sandwich....haaa

MVNO's are prepay providers that buy blocks of use with Verizon, ATT, Tmobile, Sprint. Like Boost, Cricket, Straight Talk, Page Plus, Total Wireless, Selectel, etc. I use PagePlus on my Icon with no problems using the same voice network but with a speed caped data ability. Wich is not a problem as I do not use data for streaming or have needs for large fast amounts of mobile data on my phone. I pay less than $30 per month for `1200 mins, 3000 texts, and 500mb of date use with no contracts and can bail at any time. This is why people use MVNO's......cheaper and easy to try different ones when you want. Also, it all depends on your coverage area with each choice of the main providers. I could not make it with Tmobile as they do not have good coverage in my area. So I use a Verizon mvno service.
    07-27-2015 09:54 PM
27 12