Heavy Use Test - A Little Over 4 Hours

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Li-ion battery doesn't have memory, it doesn't learn -some say discharge fully once a month ? I keep mine charged pretty much all the time. Sometimes I don't plug it in while driving and it will drop to 18-25%, it won't harm it or help it. I want it charged as much as possible so when I'm not able to charge it, it's still got a lot of time left.

Thank you sir! It's a huge misconception. The only thing that will really hurt a lithium ion battery is if you let it run down to 0% all the time or if you let it sit there on the charger while fully charged all the time.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Thank you sir! It's a huge misconception. The only thing that will really hurt a lithium ion battery is if you let it run down to 0% all the time or if you let it sit there on the charger while fully charged all the time.
Nokia has taken care of it being on the charger after it's charged, it stops charging. You can easily "see" this with the wireless charging plate, when the plate light turns off it's not only fully charged but it has stopped receiving a charge. It's a little harder to see with the USB wall charger because there isn't a light but once fully charged it stops charging. I leave in on the charging plate or regular wall charger overnight (7-8 hrs.) and I don't set my alarm to wake me up in 3-4 to remove it, it stops charging on it's on when it reaches 100%. So that too is also a myth at least with phones in the last few years -so not to worry about that either.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Nokia has taken care of it being on the charger after it's charged, it stops charging. You can easily "see" this with the wireless charging plate, when the plate light turns off it's not only fully charged but it has stopped receiving a charge. It's a little harder to see with the USB wall charger because there isn't a light but once fully charged it stops charging. I leave in on the charging plate or regular wall charger overnight (7-8 hrs.) and I don't set my alarm to wake me up in 3-4 to remove it, it stops charging on it's on when it reaches 100%. So that too is also a myth at least with phones in the last few years -so not to worry about that either.

Are all phones like that now? I know at least my BlackBerry does as well. I can't speak for iPhones or Android phones however. I realize that is the case in this situation at least, but I was just speaking about lithium ion batteries in general.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

wpfan1995

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I've got a brand new Lumua Icon. I let it charge fully, let it run down to 5% and then full charge over night. I decided to give it a heavy use rest...here's what I did:

Let XBOX Music populate my entire music collection in the app (about 13,000+ songs)
Play Netflix for about 20 minutes.
Heavy browsing and RSS feeds use.
Playing Music. For a while via Bluetooth and then via a audio cable.
Used Cortana a time or two.
Browsed Socl and Facebook.
Downloaded A few Albums from the cloud to the phone. \
Mostly Wi-Fi Use.

Did this off and on for about 4 hours and it is down to 12% as I right this.

Not sure if this is normal drain for such heavy use or not.

Thoughts?

"Charging Overnight":confused:
Continuously charging overnights may cause trouble to your battery life!
I think all Lumia phones will do 100% in just nearly 2 to 3 hours!

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't think any modern phone has a problem with being on the charger all the time. They stop charging when they are full.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
"Charging Overnight":confused:
Continuously charging overnights may cause trouble to your battery life!
I think all Lumia phones will do 100% in just nearly 2 to 3 hours!
They stop receiving a charge once they are at 100% - aka the battery isn't being charged anymore, ergo the battery is not affected.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Are all phones like that now? I know at least my BlackBerry does as well. I can't speak for iPhones or Android phones however. I realize that is the case in this situation at least, but I was just speaking about lithium ion batteries in general.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

We are responding to an issue about a Lumia phone and it's Li-ion battery so I guessed you were talking about this situation.
But I'm also guessing that most modern Li-ion battery chargers stop charging once the battery is charged. My cameras' Li-ion battery chargers do that I know.

vepac

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
My lumia icon battery wasn't the best when I first got it, but after a few weeks the battery life is a lot better.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire