Heavy Use Test - A Little Over 4 Hours

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I've got a brand new Lumua Icon. I let it charge fully, let it run down to 5% and then full charge over night. I decided to give it a heavy use rest...here's what I did:

Let XBOX Music populate my entire music collection in the app (about 13,000+ songs)
Play Netflix for about 20 minutes.
Heavy browsing and RSS feeds use.
Playing Music. For a while via Bluetooth and then via a audio cable.
Used Cortana a time or two.
Browsed Socl and Facebook.
Downloaded A few Albums from the cloud to the phone. \
Mostly Wi-Fi Use.

Did this off and on for about 4 hours and it is down to 12% as I right this.

Not sure if this is normal drain for such heavy use or not.

Thoughts?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Let your icon battery calibrate. You have purchased a new phone , lithium battery need some charges before it could show good result. My Lumia 920 was pathetic for first few weeks but now its 👌

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Let your icon battery calibrate. You have purchased a new phone , lithium battery need some charges before it could show good result. My Lumia 920 was pathetic for first few weeks but now its ��

How do you calibrate? Full change, full run out a few times? Or another method?

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Sounds good...with my job, I normally need to keep a decent charge on it, so I normally charge overnight and then again at lunch, even if it is at 70% or so at lunch. Is that OK?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I've got a brand new Lumua Icon. I let it charge fully, let it run down to 5% and then full charge over night. I decided to give it a heavy use rest...here's what I did:

Let XBOX Music populate my entire music collection in the app (about 13,000+ songs)
Play Netflix for about 20 minutes.
Heavy browsing and RSS feeds use.
Playing Music. For a while via Bluetooth and then via a audio cable.
Used Cortana a time or two.
Browsed Socl and Facebook.
Downloaded A few Albums from the cloud to the phone. \
Mostly Wi-Fi Use.

Did this off and on for about 4 hours and it is down to 12% as I right this.

Not sure if this is normal drain for such heavy use or not.

Thoughts?

This alone is enough to bring any phone to its knees.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Let your icon battery calibrate. You have purchased a new phone , lithium battery need some charges before it could show good result. My Lumia 920 was pathetic for first few weeks but now its ��

This is wrong lithium batteries do not need "conditioning".

Just over four hours is fine with heavy use.

Heck, I can kill my fully charged battery in 4 hours with whatsapp only. lol

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
That's about right. I went from 100 down to under 20 in about that amount of time. I took over 130 photos and shot 3 videos at the zoo and was sending via MMS and uploading to Facebook a lot. Whenever I'm home or driving, it's on a charging plate or in my CR-200 car dock charging.

And 1000 charges means 1000 full discharge and recharge cycles; not topping off or setting it on the charger once in a while.

atherosxd

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
This is wrong lithium batteries do not need "conditioning".

Just over four hours is fine with heavy use.

Heck, I can kill my fully charged battery in 4 hours with whatsapp only. lol

haha even though I use Lumia 1020. I can get atleast 2 hours of heavy use. facebook, youtube(mytube), twitter, 6tag and Call of Arena(Online Game). I use Mobile Data/

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Are we talking about a smart phone or a laptop? lol. Some people are just hard core on electronics but I have to say, that is one good stress test ya got there but you need to get an iphone and a gs4 to see how they survive in the same conditions. I can tell you up front, the Iphone 5 would have trouble in those conditions. I had always heard how stellar the battery was on the iphone and was really surprised how quickly it drains with moderate use.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Li-ion battery doesn't have memory, it doesn't learn -some say discharge fully once a month ? I keep mine charged pretty much all the time. Sometimes I don't plug it in while driving and it will drop to 18-25%, it won't harm it or help it. I want it charged as much as possible so when I'm not able to charge it, it's still got a lot of time left.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Icon for 3 days now and I have to say the battery life is the one thing that concerns me. I get about 5 hours of regular use (music, browsing, WP Central app :)). When it's sitting unused it seems to be ok (in the graph below I was sleeping from 11 PM to 6 AM), but any actual use really seems to bring the battery down right away. Is this normal? I am running 8.1.

wp_ss_20140425_0001.jpg

baaahthesheep

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
When I got my LUmia 928, the battery life wasn't very good initially. But after I think 3 weeks of usage, I began to get super battery life. I think it just needs some time. I never drained my battery either. Just regular usage.

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I thought heavy use would be gaming, but if doing those things took it down that much you probably wouldn't get more than 2 hours of intensive graphic gaming(asphalt 8 or FIFA 14)

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't know about gaming, but Netflix barely touched my battery. I watched an episode of Dexter and I noticed no heat and battery was only down a few percent it seemed. Texting seems much worse. Kinda weird.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

The whole thing about "letting your battery calibrate" and "battery memory" is a myth...at least with lithium ion batteries. That only applies to nickel ion batteries.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea