Is Google Chrome available on WP?

greeleyest

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
any chances i can get chrome or another good browser on my icon?
i cant get used to internet explorer coming from android where i had tons of browsers

Last edited by a moderator:

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: chrome?

I don't think so google will support chrome for windows phone. Ie 11 on windows phone 8.1 far better and improved. I can save passwords , download /upload files. Sync tabs/fav :smile:

OsamaAdam98

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: chrome?

It wouldn't really happen anytime soon because Microsoft and Google aren't the perfect bffs, You can listen to fanboys and convince yourself that IE is the 'bestest' browser ever brought to humans.

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Never said IE was perfect, it's not. But I have looked at and used the alternatives.
They aren't much better.

Chrome breaks things, it's a fact. not Opinion. Chrome is garbage, Fact, not Opinion.

OsamaAdam98

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Never said IE was perfect, it's not. But I have looked at and used the alternatives.
They aren't much better.

Chrome breaks things, it's a fact. not Opinion. Chrome is garbage, Fact, not Opinion.

It appears you've been using IE for too long that you forgot how much Chrome, Opera and other real browsers have progressed.

altafmahmood

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Chrome's recent change in flash player api was a disaster I was left with broken youtube videos. Had to shift to mozilla Firefox. No one is perfect and believe me I don't want my data to go to google they know way too much.

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
It appears you've been using IE for too long that you forgot how much Chrome, Opera and other real browsers have progressed.
Hahaha,, funny, would be nice if some people didn't ***-ume too much.
I actually use FF mostly, and have zero issues with it breaking anything, or causing any issues at all.
I can't count the number of systems I have had to fix (due to Chrome breaking IE in general, among other things)
and suggestions I have had to make to people to use IE instead of Chrome and have sites actually work.

It is well documented about how badly Chrome trashes Windows in some cases and IE in most cases.
Chrome will never touch my Phone, and I have tried using UC Browser, but it is not that much better than IE.
So, yeah, I use IE on my phone, thanks.

Besides, as stated, I'll trust the NSA before I will trust Google.

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I put in the same category as AVG.
Would drop my best friend if they installed either of those garbage on my systems.

BTW, it's all well documented if you cared to search for it.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I hate chrome on desktop but aside from generally being glorified adware and installing the virus-like google update service... it's certainly not broken in any sense.

I hate chrome for the reasons above and dislike it for generally not being as extensible as firefox, but it's a fast browser with aggressive preloading, and most of my friends use it for that reason alone. I won't lie- keeping firefox smooth requires migrating all my data to a new profile every now and again because of all the accumulated junk and god knows what else happens underneath the hood...

Anyway no chrome on WP. All the browsers on WP are just wrappers for IE I believe so it might not even be possible to get chrome on WP at the moment, and without the ability to choose a default browser, there's no point in even using anything but IE imo.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

greeleyest

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
is it even possible for somebody to make other browsers? or making a ie wrapper all microsoft allows?

and didnt realize chrome is that bad, i use it mainly because the online game i play runs best on chrome (use to play on my android phone)

csorian0

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
FWIW, on my Android devices, I never used Chrome. Seemed bulky. The only good thing about it is the syncing, at least from my vantagepoint. Otherwise, the experience on mobile is fairly similar regardless of the platform you're on.

With that said, I just picked up a Lumia Icon yesterday and am enjoying IE11 on there. But because I'm also a developer, I'm looking into bringing a Webkit-based browser onto the WP platform, particularly a lightweight one like Samsung's Popup Browser that can be used to view quick links and not take up a lot of memory.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720