Is Google Chrome available on WP?

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
FWIW, on my Android devices, I never used Chrome. Seemed bulky. The only good thing about it is the syncing, at least from my vantagepoint. Otherwise, the experience on mobile is fairly similar regardless of the platform you're on.

With that said, I just picked up a Lumia Icon yesterday and am enjoying IE11 on there. But because I'm also a developer, I'm looking into bringing a Webkit-based browser onto the WP platform, particularly a lightweight one like Samsung's Popup Browser that can be used to view quick links and not take up a lot of memory.

That would be nice.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
While I have used Chrome on both my tablets (Android) and computers (Win8.1/Win Xp) I don't have it on anything anymore. I use Firefox and Opera on my tablets and computers. I do use Maxthon on my WP phones besides Explorer. Not going to bash Chrome I just never liked it and found it didn't do anything I could not do with Firefox or Opera and the latter two just seemed more natural than Chrome. I am not into any of Google's stuff and don't plan on changing to adapt to it. You can try Maxthn or UC if you would like to try something different. I would love to see Firefox or Opera on the Windows phones and hope that in time Opera comes on board. I also read that Firefox had been working on Firefox with a touch interface for Win 8.1 and WP8; but they stopped as they found there was not enough interest in it. I think in time (as they get more popular) they will bring it out of moth balls.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I use Chrome all the time, but I find the newest version of IE is the best on Windows 8.1 and plus it now syncs passwords and login informatin between devices (windows 8.1 --->windows phone 8.1) (kind of like icloud keychain for macs/iOS)

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I use Chrome all the time, but I find the newest version of IE is the best on Windows 8.1 and plus it now syncs passwords and login informatin between devices (windows 8.1 --->windows phone 8.1) (kind of like icloud keychain for macs/iOS)

I wish keychain and cloud tabs were available in safari for windows but they haven't updates safari for windows (seems like they have stooped supporting safari for windows )

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Himanshu is right. Chrome is well...meh... There is nothing spectacular about it so I've dumped it. I use Firefox (mostly) on my desktop and IE on my surface. If I need to go to a website that requires smart card login, I use IE because Firefox doesn't natively support smart cards.

DatabaseMX

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
@ Tepid:
"BTW, it's all well documented if you cared to search for it."
You mentioned this 10 times and supplied ZERO documentation. You're sketchin' bro ... get a grip!

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm not going to do your searching for you. If you really cared to know, you would seek it out yourself. If your not willing to, then it shows your own bias is more prevalent than mine.
No that is not a copout, simply put, I don't have time. If you don't trust me fine, you shouldn't believe everything you read. But that is the nature of life, research yourself, your the only one who is stopping you from doing that.
That goes for everything, not just this thread.
Only fools refuse to do their own research.
Have a nice day.

DatabaseMX

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm not going to do your searching for you. If you really cared to know, you would seek it out yourself. If your not willing to, then it shows your own bias is more prevalent than mine.
No that is not a copout, simply put, I don't have time. If you don't trust me fine, you shouldn't believe everything you read. But that is the nature of life, research yourself, your the only one who is stopping you from doing that.
That goes for everything, not just this thread.
Only fools refuse to do their own research.
Have a nice day.
====
Dude ... I've done the research and I've seen little to support your allegations. Further, I've been using Chrome for years almost exclusively on 5 different laptops as well as 2 desktops at work, and I've had virtually no issues. Seems you are in the minority here, as well as having a lack of evidence.

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
A simple search for chrome breaks windows, IE, Outlook will reveal all you need to know. If you are too lazy to do it, that's on you

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I also read that Firefox had been working on Firefox with a touch interface for Win 8.1 and WP8; but they stopped as they found there was not enough interest in it. I think in time (as they get more popular) they will bring it out of moth balls.

No, that's inaccurate. The Mozilla team had an unstable, unusable piece of pre-alpha software that was completely incompatible with all extensions and plugins.

Then they stopped development because not many people used their unstable, unusable piece of pre-alpha software that was completely incompatible with all extensions and plugins.

Either a) they're idiots, or b) they were looking for any excuse to axe the project in favor of diverting resources to their Firefox OS.

We are never going to see a modern UI Firefox.

Tepid is off his meds so pay him no attention.

OsamaAdam98

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Google, Bing or duckduckgo worst browser ever and you'll see IE rocking every list on the internet if you wanna talk about documentation.

altafmahmood

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Yea, Chrome is crap... /sarcasm
I've been using it for many years without issues. Maybe that's why the numbers show IE going steadily down and Chrome, steadily up...
Browser Statistics

Except like google stores the data collected from you and uses it in a way you don't want. Microsoft on the other hand are concerned about our privacy.
For that reason alone I will use internet explorer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss