05-08-2014 12:41 AM
29 12
tools
    i know this is off topic... does anyone have the voicemail number, i go to call VM and no number?
    05-07-2014 05:28 PM
    You shouldn't need any updates yet. I use magik mail for vmail
    05-07-2014 07:38 PM
    Go to phone, settings, click on "Use default voicemail number" if you are on VZW.

Sent from Lumia Icon using Tapatalk
    05-07-2014 10:15 PM
    I have the note 3 and am thinking about picking the icon up. Last windows phone I had was the htc titan running windows phone 7. I ended up going to android because more apps. So my main question is how are the apps now and how good is the icon phon

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    The Icon is an excellent phone. I used to have a Note 2 and moving to WP was definitely a big step, but doable. Hardware wise, the screen is excellent, battery life is better than a Note 2 or 3, it's audio quality when recording video is superb, and the 20MP camera is top of the line. I also hardly notice my phone in my pocket. My Note 2 felt like a brick compared to my 928 and now Icon.

Now for the app side. Since jumping to WP last summer, I've seen noticeable improvement in the selection of apps. There is still an "app gap", so to speak, but not to the extend that the Android and iOS fan boys like to tout. The major apps are there, Facebook, Instagram, Waze, etc. When I first jumped there wasn't an app from Onstar, for my Pebble watch, and a few of the games. However, in the past nine months I been able to get apps for all of them. The ONLY thing that I still can't do is use my Eye-Fi card to upload photos from my camera to my phone. Supposedly, Eye-Fi is going to eventually support WP, but there have been conflicting reports. You also get a superb mapping app; Here+ Drive. You can download maps and use them offline, which can save you data and battery power. My daughter would rather play games on my phone than on her Android tablet, and she has all of the same games.

Nokia cameras are the best on the market. The only smartphone cameras that can match the Icon's are the Lumia 1020 (41MP) and Lumia 1520 (20MP).

I also like the integration I have with my desktop and Surface Pro. Furthermore, Android just seems so haphazard compared to WP and iOS, and WP isn't running a seven year old OS like iOS.

Microsoft is continually evolving and improving WP; WP8.1 was a HUGE step forward and 8.2 looks to be just as nice. So if you want a snappy, stylish, usable, and secure phone go with the Icon.
    csiguy1 likes this.
    05-08-2014 12:41 AM
29 12