05-03-2014 05:06 AM
57 123
tools
    I've used the icon, the sound quality is one of the best you could possibly get.
    05-02-2014 02:20 AM
    You can hear the speakers of both Lumia Icon and Galaxy S5 here (Go to 6:50 minute mark). Not so sure about this.
    that justifies this:

Translation:I don't want to hurt your feelings dad, but all of my friends gave galaxies and I want one too!
    05-02-2014 02:44 AM
    I'm 16 and I insisted on buying my Lumia 520 and actually got into a fray with some friends who are AppleFanboys. I really liked the simplicity of the OS and I don't really care about the apps that much. I only use it for calls, twitter, Youtube and FB messaging. So it is great! I'm recommending the 520 to any shoolmate from now on!
    James8561 likes this.
    05-02-2014 06:17 AM
    same thing here convinced my wife to use 920 but peer pressure she wants Sammy or Appy. its following the crowd .

if people don't use not sure how Lumia or WP is going to gain market share. even with 8.1 I ask sometime if I was new to market what would make me buy a WP device (Lumia, 8.1) just the camera ?

Camera in Lumia is way better than S5 or IOS but is Nokia or MS marketing it enough, how much can individual like us market it...

or at least get Nokia X in North America to kill competition from Adroid and then promote WP ,,, or something around that line..

got 2 920's , 1020, 1520, 521...
    A Smartphone OS gain market by getting people trust, year after year, where it should offer new and missing things in other OS.

The thing depends on how this OS make the current users satisfied, where then they will make the real advertisement for that OS.

I believe for now and after WP8.1 the OS is missing only File Explorer & few games and Apps which not available until now in WP
    05-02-2014 11:51 AM
    File Explorer (per Microsoft) will be out by End of May or June.

After that it's really about ecosystem. iPhone benefits from a large array of hardware devices (speaker stands and the like) that are possible because they essentially only produce one form factor. Samsung and Nokia do not benefit from that.

Nokia doesn't just have the best camera's, it has the best software for it's camera. After I took my first low-light picture on my Lumia 920 I knew I was never going back to Android.

Ever take a picture in a restaurant or a bar or at night? They will be !@#$ on an iPhone or Android. I swear the camera on my Lumia has better night vision than I do.

Not to mention I've never seen any real damage done to a Nokia. My wife has dropped hers, on pavement, several times and not so much as scratched it. Meanwhile my millionaire brother-in-law is walking around with a shattered screen on his iPhone because he just gave up fixing them after the 4th or 5th time.

Windows Phone will take off soon unless MS mismanages their acquisition of the devices unit from Nokia and underestimates the non-US value of Nokia branding.
    05-02-2014 04:18 PM
    Let's certainly hope this platform takes off soon. It gets old hearing "Update X will be the one".
    jpling and A895 like this.
    05-02-2014 08:47 PM
    Let's certainly hope this platform takes off soon. It gets old hearing "Update X will be the one".
    I don't expect it take off dramatically, but I'd expect it to keep growing to the point where it represents more and more revenue for developers, especially with universal apps. With Xbox, PC/tablets, and phone there should be enough motivation to keep the apps coming. Mac OS has muddled along with low market share for decades, so even if the WP market share plateaus we'll be fine. I think it will keep growing though, although WP needs to work hard to stay ahead now that iOS is no longer ancient-looking and Android stopped being hideous and slow. WP's UX advantage has decreased since 2011, back when I switched from the iPhone because WP 7.5, by comparison, made iOS 4 feel like Android 2.3. I still think WP leads in UX because it began with a modern design while the others had to awkwardly shoehorn modern features (like Android's cards) into the old Palm Pilot-style icon grid-based UI so the experience and feel are inconsistent. The good news is that WP 8.1 has mostly caught up feature-wise and is moving faster. But it has to compete in all aspects now that it's not as different from the others as it used to be.
    05-03-2014 05:06 AM
57 123