New to WP & Icon - Nokia Pro Cam question

Xsled

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
In 8.0 only the 5mp is backed up via OneDrive. In 8.1 it uploads full resolution. This is one of my favorite new features. With that, the 5mp is a great looking image if not zoomed in after the fact. Make sure to do all of your zooming/cropping on the phone. Or just update to .1 and be done with it...

Edit:8.1 does hold its own set of problems, but to me it has been worth the trade off.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Connect your phone to your computer. Look in your pictures directory. Take a look at the file names and their sizes. Compare that to what is in OneDrive.

I just did it AGAIN. And guess what, I'm correct. The attached screen capture shows my phone on the left and my OneDrive on the right.

My phone did NOT upload the 5MP version. It uploaded the 16MP version AND changed the file name by taking "highres" out. Please before you post try to make sure you are giving correct info.

Attachments

• screencap.jpg
    screencap.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 8

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I just took a photo using 16:9 JPEG 5MP + 16MP and automatically it uploaded the 16MP to OneDrive and the file name did NOT have hires in it. It uploaded the 16MP but NOT the 5MP.

If you are shooting DNG the 5MP lowres JPG will upload but NOT the 16MP (or 19MP if you are 4:3) DNG version.

very cool! I didn't realize 8.1 was different. I just check my OneDrive and they are the 16 MP pictures!

But where is the setting? I didn't see it in Nokia Camera or settings.

grafixguy#AC

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Got my Icon today and loving it. Already installed 8.1 but I'm not seeing the 16 MP files in One Drive even though I set the back up to back them up. I also don't see anywhere to set it to shoot RAW. Any thoughts?

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Got my Icon today and loving it. Already installed 8.1 but I'm not seeing the 16 MP files in One Drive even though I set the back up to back them up. I also don't see anywhere to set it to shoot RAW. Any thoughts?

You need to be using Nokia Camera for RAW capture. Open up Nokia Camera go into the settings and change capture mode to JPEG (5 MP) + DNG (16MP) (for 16:9) or (19MP) (for 4:3). If you don't have Nokia Camera, you can get it from windowsphone.com.

As for the auto upload of the highres JPGs, you need to be using Wi-Fi for that to work AND running WP8.1. Also, the RAW DNG files won't upload to OneDrive. You have to use a third party file manager (I use Pocket File Manager) or connect to a computer via USB to download them. You will also need a RAW converter such as Lightroom, Aperture, or Capture One; there are some free ones too just Bing them.

Enjoy!

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
silly me, I never tried this out in 8.1 (because I don't think the option was in 8.0), but you can set it to only take the 5MP picture! so this improves the shot to shot speed.

you can also turn off the focus assist light to further increase the speed but this improvement is very slight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss