Text Messages missing

vepac

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
The weirdest thing happened the other day. I plugged my phone in and went to bed and woke up later to find my SMS threads gone. Do you think clearing the temporary files could have done this? The only threads I had were the original welcome message and the Facebook threads. Anyone else have this happen to you? Its no big deal since I didn't need to be hoarding the threads anyways.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

petecal

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Go to settings, backup, text messages and ensure that you have checked "download text from any time".

I don't have that option under backup.
Under backup, if I select "text" I have switches for:
Text Message backup (it is On)
Chat backup (it is On but I never chat)
SMS delivery Confirmation (On)
MMS delivery confirmation (On)
send SMS acknowledgement (On)
Group text (Off)
And I'm loosing text messages. Note, my service (T-mobile) is really bad. One or two bars, 2G or "No service". WIFI calling is enabled.

This morning there was a text from my boss but all it said was a link to "Get media Content Now". I clicked it and waited. I looked away and when I looked back the text from him was no longer there. I can't find it anywhere.

So I had my wife send me a picture text from her iPhone. After about 20 minutes I got a text from her and all it said was a link to "Get media Content Now".

So I clicked it and it switched to "Getting media content...".

And now it is in an endless loop. Each time I click "Get media content" it tries to get the content. After a minute or two I get a notice that I got a text from my wife. And what do I see, the same text repeated but with the current time tag.

Help!!!!:angry:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire