Upgrade to Icon from 928?

boothes18

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
with VZW recent price cut I am wandering is it worth upgrading from the 928 to the Icon? Glance doesn't matter to me. Or should I just wait for the next gen to arrive on VZW?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
If I had an upgrade available, and no one else was using it, I'd use it on the icon in a heart beat. Because otherwise your upgrade is just sitting there and not being used. And the Icon is an EXCELLENT device with a top notch experience.

ynotbike

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I love my icon, and it will prob be a while before another decent WP shows up on Verizon. Make sure you upgrade to 8.1

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I did the upgrade(no cost due to a Nokia screw up, long story), as the ICON is a nice phone and a major upgrade, the question comes down to, in a few months 8.1 will be released, Will a "better" device come to Verizon WITH 8.1 on it and maybe expandable storage. By then the ICON will be a free phone.

The question comes down to will the offical release of 8.1 and the BIG promotion Microsoft is planning to put out for it...what new "8.1" devices will come with it...

Maybe a wait is in order ? The 928 is still a very capable phone and day to day tasks there would not be a major notice in detail till applications can take advanage of the 2gb of ram....

SquishyGirl83

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Well, I just upgraded my mom to an Icon. I was able to get it for her for 49.99 using the code VZWDEAL, and with paying saturday overnight shipping (because patience isn't either of our strong suits) saved her 30 bucks. I LOVE my Icon. I went from the 928 to the Icon and I can say that the Icon is definatley worth the upgrade. It'll automatically get upgraded to 8.1 and the specs are pretty future proof for at least a year. The camera is amazing, and it runs very smoothy with 8.1 developer preview installed. And with Verizon, this'll most likely be the best Windows Phone we'll see this year. If you're too worried about it, go with verizon Edge, then you can upgrade as soon as you pay off the phone.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I did the upgrade(no cost due to a Nokia screw up, long story), as the ICON is a nice phone and a major upgrade, the question comes down to, in a few months 8.1 will be released, Will a "better" device come to Verizon WITH 8.1 on it and maybe expandable storage. By then the ICON will be a free phone.

The question comes down to will the offical release of 8.1 and the BIG promotion Microsoft is planning to put out for it...what new "8.1" devices will come with it...

Maybe a wait is in order ? The 928 is still a very capable phone and day to day tasks there would not be a major notice in detail till applications can take advanage of the 2gb of ram....

Few months? We wont see anything else on VZW from Nokia for at least six months. Remember that the Icon IS Nokia's wp8.1 hardware.

And I couldn't be happier that I upgraded to it.

boothes18

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Icon ordered! I have another upgrade in Jul 15, and maybe one in October so we shall see if the Icon gets upgraded anytime soon!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3