Otterbox defender tips?

bbhybridchris

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Not sure how many of you guys have the defender but it is an absolute pain in the rear to take off. I manage a dairy farm so it's important that I use the case during the day but when I'm home and go out I like to take it off. Any tips for getting this thing off? It's been a real pain :(

danwanna

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I do not have the defender on my Icon, but I have used one in the past on my iPad Mini. I used the case when I was scoring my son's baseball games for the team and then removed it for all other use. On the iPad case, I filed down a bunch of the clips on the hard plastic inside case. That made the plastic part come apart easily when the rubber outer shell was off, but the shell kept it secure when it was on.

Not sure if the same thing applies here, but I've been considering getting one myself and was planning on doing that before I even put it on.

MA83

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I haven't had much issues with mine and it's brand new. The clips are easy to distinguish and to take them apart easily, all you need to do is force your finger nail between the two plastic halves at each clip. It comes apart very easily that way.

MJ217

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I haven't had much issues with mine and it's brand new. The clips are easy to distinguish and to take them apart easily, all you need to do is force your finger nail between the two plastic halves at each clip. It comes apart very easily that way.

Seeing as you have the Icon otterbox defender, might I ask how much bulk/weight it adds?

Vastustaa

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I have the OtterBox Defender on my Icon. For me it adds just enough bulk. I can enjoy using my device rather than worrying that it will slip out of my hand. I hope this trend to make devices as thin as possible ends soon.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia Icon using Tapatalk

MA83

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Seeing as you have the Icon otterbox defender, might I ask how much bulk/weight it adds?

I'd agree with Vastustaa. Although the Icon feels pretty secure compared to other phones I've owned in the past, the Defender case adds just enough to make it even better. This is the first phone I've owned in years that I actually like holding up to my ear. I don't feel like I'm going to drop it. As for weight, the case is very light and I'd say the weight increase seems fairly negligible. I've owned Defender series cases on other phones before, and honestly this is my favorite one. Otterbox got the design right for this phone.

bbhybridchris

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
As everyone has noted above it is a great case especially if you work in the agriculture business like myself. I manage a dairy farm so its important for me to keep my phones protected. I've gotten better at removing the case but its certainly much tougher than any previous otterbox I've owned.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo