Wanted to upgrade my 920... saw some pictures and videos taken with the Icon, now I'm disappointed..

Chris Wayne2

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I need to replace my 920 but I think that for now what I want doesn't exist (at least not running WP)

I use my 920 a lot during a normal day, I use both LTE and WiFi and I hate 2 things about it after 1 year of having it:

-Battery life sucks, if I go to bed and let it plugged in the next morning I'll have like 20% less and that 80% remaining won't last more than 4 or 5pm so I need to charge it again.
-The screen is not impressive anymore, especially after seeing the S4 or One plus my 920 has a warm tone in the screen which makes me sick! (when I'm taking pictures I always think I have the wrong white balance, it just drives me nuts!)

I was looking for the Icon reviews and stuff but even though I like the boxy design and I can live without LTE since 3G is enough for social networks everything went to the toilet when I opened the "pictures taken with your Icon" thread and it only got worse when I looked for some video samples of the device in Youtube where I discovered the video to be disappointingly soft and noisy in the edges (although the audio recording is very impressive). When I search for the most important thing for me (battery life) it gets all random, some users here claim the battery of the Icon is very good but at the same time another user is saying something like "it sucks"...

Help!, I'm not very into the 1520 since it's a HUGE phone! but that seems to be the only way to get a phone with a great battery life on WP..

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I have a 920, some of my family have icons. I've used their phones and can tell you that the image/video quality is better. Not sure what you were looking at, but it's wrong.

Also, not sure what your're talking about when you bring up LTE. The 920 and Icon both have LTE.

Also, I think people are insane when they say they don't like the design of the icon. And realistically, how many shapes can a phone come in?

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a 920, some of my family have icons. I've used their phones and can tell you that the image/video quality is better. Not sure what you were looking at, but it's wrong.

Also, not sure what your're talking about when you bring up LTE. The 920 and Icon both have LTE.

Also, I think people are insane when they say they don't like the design of the icon. And realistically, how many shapes can a phone come in?

Icon does not have LTE on AT&T.

Chris Wayne2

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
LTE phones are not SIM-Locked on Verizon and I want to use it on AT&T, I watched random video samples of the Icon on Youtube (even the samples from WPCentral) and what I said looks obvious in the videos. Also I'm not so sure if the low light pics would be worse since the Icon is f 2.4 only when the 920 is f2.0, does anyone knows about a good comparison between the Icon and the 920?

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
If you like camera quality and you are on ATT, just go for the 1020. It's still the best there is, and the price is low right now. I have not read about the 930, but that's supposed to be the same phone as the icon, maybe that one would support LTE on ATT (Bing it).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb