So whenever I take pictures using the Nokia Camera app WITH the hard camera button on the side of the phone, it takes continues/multiple photos. Does anyone else have the same problem?
    05-03-2014 04:45 PM
    Think it was a feature they added in the 8.1 preview
    05-03-2014 04:49 PM
    Mine does too. One push makes two pictures sometimes.
    05-03-2014 04:52 PM
    Same on a 521 and a 925
    05-03-2014 04:55 PM
    Think it was a feature they added in the 8.1 preview
    No, I've had this problem before I updated to 8.1.
    05-03-2014 05:03 PM
    Mine does too. One push makes two pictures sometimes.
    Same on a 521 and a 925
    I'm glad that I'm not the only one and I'm guessing there's no way to turn this "feature" off.
    05-03-2014 05:05 PM
    I'm glad that I'm not the only one and I'm guessing there's no way to turn this "feature" off.
    I've tried.
    Most of the cam apps from the store at least the ones I use don't do this.
    Weird feature to force on the user.
    05-03-2014 05:18 PM
    In the normal camera app if you look at the buttons you see a button with 3 photos icons then to to right you see a button with 1 click this and your camera is back to normal, the other one is burst mode so you can go back and choose the best pic from several.
    05-03-2014 05:25 PM
    It's a feature built into Nokia Camera. I've done it too when I've inadvertently held the shutter button down too long. You just kinda need to get a feel for how long to hold the shutter button.
    05-03-2014 06:35 PM
    In the normal camera app if you look at the buttons you see a button with 3 photos icons then to to right you see a button with 1 click this and your camera is back to normal, the other one is burst mode so you can go back and choose the best pic from several.
    I'm not using the stock windows phone camera app but the nokia camera.

It's a feature built into Nokia Camera. I've done it too when I've inadvertently held the shutter button down too long. You just kinda need to get a feel for how long to hold the shutter button.
    I get it but it's annoying how sensitive it is, especially when my case is pretty tight and covers the buttons. So even if I take my finger completely off the button, it just keeps going.
    05-03-2014 07:52 PM
    I'm not using the stock windows phone camera app but the nokia camera.

I get it but it's annoying how sensitive it is, especially when my case is pretty tight and covers the buttons. So even if I take my finger completely off the button, it just keeps going.
    I checked all through settings and there is no way to disable. I did some test shots and it is about 1 second between shots; so your case is more than just "pretty tight" for it to take a second for the button to release. What kind of case do you have? If it is that big of a problem I would recommend getting a new case. Otherwise, I don't think there is much you can do. Sorry. :-(
    stickyshocker likes this.
    05-03-2014 08:34 PM
    Mine is no case and just holding the button halfway for focus then hitting it the rest of the way.
    05-03-2014 08:42 PM
    I checked all through settings and there is no way to disable. I did some test shots and it is about 1 second between shots; so your case is more than just "pretty tight" for it to take a second for the button to release. What kind of case do you have? If it is that big of a problem I would recommend getting a new case. Otherwise, I don't think there is much you can do. Sorry. :-(
    Well, it has gotten a lot better since the case became slightly loose with use. Now, when I lift my finger completely off the button, 90% of the time it only takes one picture. It's not a deal breaker by any means but just a little annoyance.
    05-04-2014 05:41 AM
    Mine is no case and just holding the button halfway for focus then hitting it the rest of the way.
    Me too but when I have my finger on the button without holding it down, it goes on a photo rampage. I guess mine's pretty sensitive.
    05-04-2014 05:44 AM