This phone is beautiful... I almost don't want to put a case on it at all. But keeping it bare scares me.

I found this: PureGear Slim Shell Case for Nokia Lumia Icon - Coconut :: MobileFun.com

1.jpgpuregear-slim-shell-case-nokia-lumia-icon-liquorice-p44106-300.jpg
    ...but is it as good as it gets or does someone know of a better option? I kind of dislike cases that cover the side buttons.
    gerzhwin likes this.
    05-04-2014 05:27 AM
    I'm going to buy a L930, but so far only searched for pouches/sleeves ... This case looks really nice, thanks for sharing!
    05-04-2014 08:25 AM
    Kinda expensive. How's it do with drops? That's my biggest concern for my future Icon. I've had situations where I've dropped my Trophy and if it weren't for the case I'd be deep doo-doo.
    05-04-2014 07:59 PM
    Kinda expensive. How's it do with drops?
    I'll share my findings when it comes in.

BTW, you can get it far cheaper than that... mine was ~$14 shipped from Amazon.
    05-05-2014 07:05 AM
    One thing about the Icon is that it is pretty well built. Look at the corners and you will see that the glass is protected by the metal around the outside. Of course, a drop on the face could be a problem and phones seem to break from odd drops. Right now, I don't use a case on mine so I hope I won't be sorry. But I also manage a business account so that gives me options.
    Last edited by gapost; 05-05-2014 at 08:54 AM.
    05-05-2014 07:32 AM
    The case looks nice except for that little tab up in the corner.
    05-05-2014 08:02 AM
    I have the case. overall I'm happy.

however, it makes pushing the buttons hard (especially the 2-stage camera button). it scratches really easily. mine is completely covered with scratches. the rubbery rim stains easily.
    05-05-2014 10:33 AM
    So I didn't report back as soon as the case arrived, but instead put about a month into seeing how it works out.

At first, it was very problematic to press any of the buttons, and the white lining lost it's white so fast that you can tell PureGear didn't put even the slightest bit of testing into this before charging premium dollar.

The case is very nicely protective though, and it manages to compliment the Icon's natural beauty instead of distorting it.

I've either learned the amount of pressure required to operate these buttons with the case on or they've become broken in with so much use... at any rate, it doesn't feel like so much of an issue now.

And while the loss of my white lining is quite annoying, it's slowly approaching a gray color I can be comfortable with.

Overall, I like the case... but don't get it in white until PureGear gets their quality assurance in check.
    06-07-2014 04:55 AM
    Can you post a picture of the case after a couple of weeks
    thx
    06-11-2014 01:40 PM