Verizon is pushing an update today!

skiahh

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
It's not black, it's some other minor firmware update. Black has been out since GDR3.

Hmmm. OK. That's what it says on my "extras+info" page. Maybe it was there all along; it would make sense since all the apps already worked.

Still getting the hang of this Windows phone thing, so apologies for the mis-info.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I have 8.1 and not seeing the update either but if this fixes the wifi range then I may rollback to 8.0, install this firmware and then go back to 8.1

feeked

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
same here, if people report a noticeable improvement it'll probably be worth the inconvenience of flashing to 8 and back to 8.1 for the firmware. wireless is just dreadful on the icon

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
My Nokia software updater is no longer giving option to go back to 8, only reinstall the current. Is there another option?

It won't say anything about downgrading or 8.0. The tool is used for downloading and restoring the latest official firmware + OS. I doubt Nokia has publicly pushed out an 8.1 firmware yet, so NSU should download latest official firmware + OS, which is around 4 GB.

EDIT: When I used NSU to downgrade it downloaded and flashed: RM927_1028.3539.1402.1042_RETAIL_nam_vzw_100_42_374745_prd_signed

quantum tao

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
It won't say anything about downgrading or 8.0. The tool is used for downloading and restoring the latest official firmware + OS. I doubt Nokia has publicly pushed out an 8.1 firmware yet, so NSU should download latest official firmware + OS, which is around 4 GB.

EDIT: When I used NSU to downgrade it downloaded and flashed: RM927_1028.3539.1402.1042_RETAIL_nam_vzw_100_42_374745_prd_signed
ok I saw that it was .1042 which the same as on my phone and assumed it was going to give me 8.1. thanks

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
My WiFi range was cut in half almost when I updated to 8.1 and went back to normal after rolling back. The 8.0 range is not as good as my past 720 but it's not bad.

I'm wondering if this new firmware fixes any of the issues with 8.1...

no...fixes the WiFi issue for 8.0 tho.

skiahh

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Now why would our phones have differences in the app versions? It seems you have several newer versions than my phone has, even after today's update.

[Edit: just noticed you have a "Build ID" and I have a "Configuration ID". What does that mean?]

Icon Info.jpg

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Have you updated extras+info? Use SysApp Pusher and check for updates if you haven't. The orange "t" in the bottom is because I used the Tapatalk app to post.

skiahh

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Have you updated extras+info? Use SysApp Pusher and check for updates if you haven't. The orange "t" in the bottom is because I used the Tapatalk app to post.

Thanks! That's a handy app to have; I figured the store would do the comparisons and trigger update alerts. Guess not.

Still a lot to learn coming from Android.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
same here, if people report a noticeable improvement it'll probably be worth the inconvenience of flashing to 8 and back to 8.1 for the firmware. wireless is just dreadful on the icon
Do you actually lose wifi completely, because on my icon my wifi indicator bars go completely gray at times by my connection is fine and its not an issue.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I did not know you could roll back to 8.0. I am not having any issues though so wont matter. But I am thinking of getting the Icon in the next couple weeks... What kind of issues? performance or personal pref?

For me, no major issues. I'm running WP8.1 on my Icon and there is a slight delay when waking the phone (about a second). My battery life got worse, but then I did a hard reset and did not restore from a back up. I've been having better battery life since.

Otherwise, nothing noteworthy for me. There are several other OPs that are having issues with WP8.1 on their Icons though. The majorites issues that I'm having are app related not OS related. My Onstar RemoteLink won't stay logged in and keeps telling me to accept the EULA every time I run it. There are a couple other apps that are kinda wonky right now, until the developers get them updated.

Oh. If you are used to using Glance, then expect to be disappointed on that. The Icon and the 930 do not support it. For me it wasn't that big of a deal, but there were a few who were rather upset about the lack of Glance support.

padbh

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Just finished today's update on my VZ Nokia Lumia Icon and one thing that I am happy about is I can now get Nokia Beamer. Previously I was stuck with Nokia Screen Beamer. When I would try to get Nokia Beamer from the app store it said my phone was unable to use it. NOW I have the enhanced version that includes both Share Nearby and Share Remotely. It was frustrating be my daughter has an ATT 1020 and she had the newer version. I did have to go to the Store and search for Nokia Beamer but this time it offered me an update instead of turning me away.

padbh

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Just finished today's update on my VZ Nokia Lumia Icon and one thing that I am happy about is I can now get Nokia Beamer. Previously I was stuck with Nokia Screen Beamer. When I would try to get Nokia Beamer from the app store it said my phone was unable to use it. NOW I have the enhanced version that includes both Share Nearby and Share Remotely. It was frustrating because my daughter has an ATT 1020 and she had the newer version. I did have to go to the Store and search for Nokia Beamer but this time it offered me an update instead of turning me away.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
It's Lumia Black. At least that's the update I got today.

New Lumia Black Update for Windows Phone 8 - Nokia - USA
tcman88: is it a good idea to post your phone's critical info (IMEI, MEID, MAC and SIM IDs?) on a public forum? Maybe I'm just paranoid, but....

That is not necessarily private information; at least in of itself. All it does is identify the phone, not the person. And besides, if you ever forget a password or PIN, just ask the NSA if they could provide that for you. :-D

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Now why would our phones have differences in the app versions? It seems you have several newer versions than my phone has, even after today's update.

[Edit: just noticed you have a "Build ID" and I have a "Configuration ID". What does that mean?]

Mine also matches Dreamspell, except for Build ID, everything else is the same. I'm running WP8.1 DP

MetalHd

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
running 8.1 dev here, and not getting the firmware update.

As for those that downgraded to 8.0 for performance issues... I had the same performance issues on my upgraded 8.1.. I did a factory reset on the 8.1 and all the issues went away..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss