Hi,

I have recently the Nokia icon with Verizon. I used to have android phones and made the switch. I am really happy with it and even did the update to 8.1. It was easy but i have a few problems. The battery seems to last shorter. Does anyone else has this problem too? I cannot go back to windows phone 8.0 with them Nokia recovery tool. That did not work.

I am happy with the 8.1 update in general except for the battery drain. How does update with windows phone work? Is the 8.1 update being sent to Nokia so they can make it ready for their devices? And when that is done, will Nokia release it to their phones? And can i install this over my current 8.1 system? That should solve the battery drain right?

Also does Nokia send the update to Verizon first, as they do with Android updates, or does Nokia send the update straight to the phones without intervenes of Verizon?
    05-09-2014 02:56 PM
    With the battery, let the phone last for a couple days and then check back, it could be both you messing with the phone more and the phone doing a couple things in the background. With the updates, Microsoft sends it to the operators (Verizon) first so they can test it before it goes OTA.
    05-09-2014 03:02 PM
    I did a hard reset and it fixed my battery life so that I have no battery drain now.
    05-09-2014 03:21 PM
    how do you do a hard reset?
    05-09-2014 03:24 PM
    I did a hard reset and it fixed my battery life so that I have no battery drain now.
    Same here. I did a hard reset and did not restore from a back up. Battery issues cleared up.
    05-09-2014 06:02 PM
    how do you do a hard reset?
    Settings > about > reset your phone.
    05-09-2014 06:03 PM
    Actually a true "hard reset" of any Nokia phone is performed with a series of key presses. Turn off your device with the power cord disconnected. Then reconnect the power while holding the "Volume down" key and continue to hold down the "Volume down" key until an exclamation point "!" appears on the screen. Then you can release the "Volume down" key and press (in this order) "Volume up", "Volume down", "Power", "Volume down" at which point the phone will restart. The process can take some minutes but be patient. This is basically going to do a factory restore but I will add this note: If you have installed WP 8.1 on your phone this will NOT remove it. The only way to remove WP 8.1 after installation is to have available a burn kit with 8.0 available on a computer and reload it that way. This method is very difficult as the burn kits are not publicly available as far as I can ascertain at the present time.
    08-21-2014 10:11 AM
    Nokia has the tool to flash your phone available on their site. FAQ - FAQ - How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Nokia - UK
    08-21-2014 01:59 PM
    I just updated my VZW Lumia Icon to WP 8.1 DP this evening. Will be watching to see if I notice any battery drain issues. So far, so good.
    09-02-2014 11:18 PM