Few questions to Icon owners

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey,
I'm about to preorder a Lumia 930, which is basically the same phone but for Europe. I've just got a few questions, I'm fearing that the 32GB memory might not be enough. Can someone please look into storage sense and see how much the OS occupies? And are there any problems you had with the phone? looking from tests, specs and everything else, it looks like a perfect phone to me..
last thing, no glance doesn't bother me, but does the Icon have double tap to wake?

Thanks in advance!! :)

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
No double tap and OS takes up a little over 2 GB. Only big problem I had was battery drain with 8.1 but I reverted back to 8 and it's fine. Camera shutter can be laggy, especially if you don't focus first, but you get used to it.

ThatLeoneGuy

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I had the 928 previously. That phone had Glance and the double tap. Sadly, neither is on the Icon. But the Icon's performance more than makes up for it. When I first got the Icon, there was a little more than 23GB left for storage. Hope that answers your question.

drufranco

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Mine says system files at 2.64gb and apps at about 1gb which is mostly the stock stuff that comes with so I would say maybe a total of 3gb?
After the latest update to the DP I have had no issues. Battery is back to normal and also I can now use Cortana and Battery Saver without significant battery drain as with the original DP.
So far so good for me.

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Thank you all very much! :)
I preordered it now, I somehow feared that the system takes much more space due to the higher res UI images, but it's even less than on my old phone :D thanks! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett