This phone was flawless until...

Bob Lee Swagger

May 10, 2014
Visit site
I looked at my pictures today and noticed my "saved photos" folder was missing. I looked on skydrive, and I connected to my PC, and I didnt see anything. I had some photos that I really needed, and they just up and vanished. I looked around online, and nothing. Anyone know of this????

Bob Lee Swagger

May 10, 2014
Visit site
I am running WP8.0. My auto upload to onedrive is turned off. I last noticed the folder yesterday. When I went to show someone a picture today, the entire folder was gone.

Bob Lee Swagger

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Well, thanks anyway. This seems to be a serious problem, and I really dont want it to keep happening. Im going to take the phone back and will be heading back to android.

drufranco

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if this will help...specifically aaibrahim 2nd post.

First Thanks Nokia Camera Team for the fast fix...

Solution:
1-Update your Nokia Camera app to the latest version -go to the store and search for the app and an update will show if any- tried it with Nokia Camera ver. 4.3.0.6
2-Open the Nokia Camera App and the go to the settings.
3-At the far below it says "Find photos and videos shot with Nokia Camera This is useful after a phone reset or data restore" Click on the Link.
It will show a message at the top of the screen and when its done it will fix everything.. Horrray!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...ppearing-photos-post-nokia-camera-update.html

I am just using the Microsoft Camera not the Nokia Camera.

Bob Lee Swagger

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, but these files were ones saved from other locations. I didnt take the photos with this camera - I brought them over from another device. After googling this, it is disheartening to see the amount of problems Nokia's and Windows Phones have with lost pictures. If you are going to market your phone around the camera, and its pictures, it'd be nice to actually have one where things arent disappearing left and right. I love windows, and nokia, but this experiment will end today, at the 11 day mark. I hope they get this stuff worked out. It has to be a problem with the phone's memory. There is no trace of the folder or its contents anywhere.

What's worse is that all these posts have virtually no explanation as to why this happens. Come on Microsoft. You're at 3% market share - start giving a damn.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
The Saved Photos folder doesn't get saved to OneDrive. You can manually upload them to OneDrive however, and have them on any computer and most any phone. And if the photos were so important, why didn't you have them backed up, or at least connect to a PC on occasion to back things up.

Bob Lee Swagger

May 10, 2014
Visit site
I do have them backed up, on other devices like I mentioned. That doesn't mean that it's okay to have an ongoing problem with this phone. I have an iphone for work, and had android for personal use for about 6 years. This has never happened with them. I really wanted an alternative to both, and being a Windows fan, I got this, but in 11 days they showed me a much bigger problem than I ever experienced with either of the other two.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hmm in the time I had a WP I have not had this experience. I have had a SD card go bad, and lost everything on it, but that had happened on WP and Android phone. Don't have to worry about IOS, no SD card in them. Oh well, enjoy your Android.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520, w/AT&T using Tapatalk

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
It seems that the missing photos in the thread posted above were from the picture roll, which is the photos taken by the camera. You copied photos to your phone and now the folder is missing? I don't recall seeing that problem. If you connect to a computer, and just use Windows explorer, you can't see the saved photos folder?

Bob Lee Swagger

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Hmm in the time I had a WP I have not had this experience. I have had a SD card go bad, and lost everything on it, but that had happened on WP and Android phone. Don't have to worry about IOS, no SD card in them. Oh well, enjoy your Android.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520, w/AT&T using Tapatalk

Icon has no SD card either, which makes me think it's a memory issue. Again, not too familiar, as I am only 11 days in.

andynew89

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
That's very strange I never had such problem with any of my WP phones.... Maybe someone has deleted the photos? Or even you done it accidentally? By the way my Saved Photos folder backs up itself to OneDrive....

MetaG85

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
You nailed the problem perfectly. But when I do connect to a PC, it's not there.

You not doing the obvious evaluation of your clearly faulty SD card and then going on to say its a huge Nokia/Windows issue with no backing fact and further stating that your going back to android made you sound like a complete troll.
So excuse me for not taking you seriously when you didn't even use your own wits to run basic test before jumping on a WP forum and start making claims.
Glad you fixed your issue.
You and I are are actually in the same boat
SD cards go crap all the time I am actually dealing with a crappy 64gb SD as it does the same thing across all platforms.
Gonna have to suck it up and pay for better quality.

Bob Lee Swagger

May 10, 2014
Visit site
There is no SD card. Read about the phone, and through the post.

You not doing the obvious evaluation of your clearly faulty SD card and then going on to say its a huge Nokia/Windows issue with no backing fact and further stating that your going back to android made you sound like a complete troll.
So excuse me for not taking you seriously when you didn't even use your own wits to run basic test before jumping on a WP forum and start making claims.
Glad you fixed your issue.
You and I are are actually in the same boat
SD cards go crap all the time I am actually dealing with a crappy 64gb SD as it does the same thing across all platforms.
Gonna have to suck it up and pay for better quality.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Have never had this problem. Only issue ever was thumbnail not updating on OneDrive folder "saved folders" running wp8.1
This was a bug due to wp8.1 but has been resolved. I did notice you said SkyDrive in your post. You should have already updated to OneDrive and updated the app on your desktop. See if thus makes a difference and make sure to migrate your folders over.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I would even suggest typing "saved" in the WP directory of file explorer just to see if its hiding somewhere. Don't forget to check"show hidden files" at the top I believe.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo